1965 AMC Rambler Classic Station Wagon thread

Should look into getting it digitally preserved. Could end proving to be useful if you can do stuff like OCR on it and get searchable text

i found a guy about 1.5hrs away with some more, but his ones are in shit cond so above probably will be better. will see if i cant get the ones here though as well, just to add to the archive of stuff. link if curious

Some of the really unusual ones there though are definitely worth scanning in if I can get them. If they are in bad shape especially. And then… Idk. I’m not sure how to do the actual scanning of the books, I guess with a photocopier? Or something. But could be really nice to share them as AMC, and to a greater extent Nash, both are dead companies so tech data is super hard to find.

So close and yet so far. Just need the stuff between the motor and the actual wipers now. The wiring easy peasy but the hardware (the pivot, drive shaft etc) are going to be a bitch to find. I could make my own though, but probably going to have to wait till I’m home or have my grandpa take measurements of the parts to figure out how to mod universal ones to work.

Because the mechanics of the vacuum wipers arms are different than the electric ones apparently.

Some research later and possible solution found. Horrible sketch but gets the point across

vacwipe

Will have to see what my grandpa says or if it’s feasible. But should be with… Minimal modifying. Hopefully anyway.

Got one of the two American tech manuals and all the other books. Will come in handy, especially the National one because it has details of every single 1965 car and how to fix it in detail.

2 Likes

Before cleaning

After

It running

Needs;
Brake work and alignment
Differential oil change
fuel pump with electric wiper connection (since i finally got all the parts to convert the wipers)
possible clear coat of the paint later
other minor work

4 Likes