Alcohol lounge

We have Dr Pepper (since a few years now but mostly just in .5L bottles) and 7up (for as long as I can remember), but I’ve only ever seen ginger ale from Schweppes here.
The closest thing you can get to ginger ale here (aside from Schweppes) is Almdudler, which is apparently herb-flavored. For me it’s always been just “Almdudler”, the way cola is cola.

The normal kind of canada dry is mild, and generally is the go to when sick (car sick, motion sick etc) because it’s got ginger and sugar. Besides that it’s a good substitute for tonic in mixed drinks.
This stronger version is much more like a ginger beer soda, or Asian ginger drinks as the ginger is very pronounced. Whereas the normal one just barely has ginger, but enough to make it somewhat different than 7up, if very similar.

A carbonated drink for when you’re feeling sick? Not sure if I’d want that when I’m already feeling like throwing up.

Generally is less for when actually sick (with the flu or whatever, but sometimes I use it when recovering for hydration when I get bored of water)
But the big thing about ginger ale is a) that it’s the only thing easy to get with ginger in it and b) the ginger helps to calm queasy stomachs from things like car sickness, motion sickness, seasickness etc. Something to do with the qualities of ginger helps sooth it.

That said, ginger candy or something with an actually substantial amount of ginger is way better at it than the relatively minute amount in most ginger ales but even the small amount can help.
Can
But also carbonated drinks here are nothing like they are there lol, with the only exception being monster which is mostly the same other than flavors everywhere

1 Like

bought some weeb shit to see how bad it is since got a fat refund checc from my insurance

4 Likes

Latest haul

2 Likes

bought a walker red label

on top of those beers, got a 750ml of peppermint schnapps since it was $9 and 100 proof

does it taste like a candycane?

exactly lol, which is dangerous because cant even tell its alcoholic. love schnapps because of that but also its … well, ill never get root beer schnapps because that is way too good :stuck_out_tongue:

have had some root beer which was pretty bad lol

edit: thought about making some sour vodka with citric acid or likes dehydrated lemon powder

Got a few beers, buy one get one sale for 4 packs so

2 Likes

Lots of stuff was on sale so got a few things, the Bacardi was cheap and came with some shot glasses for free. And since it’s still hot as hell here got some summer drink mixers to go with it. And bulleit 95 because it’s really good and inexpensive.

2 Likes

Nice. Another month and ill be able to buy booze. Will post pics of what i get (probably some high grade brandy & wine)

2 Likes

bacardi tho

atleast got shot glasses i guess

its literally, like cheap vodka is, just a mixer lol. i never drink it straight. so being such, it doesnt matter what brand of rum i get.

the poors are at it again

lel ye if was good deal which sounds like since usually pretty cheap anyways, and shotglasses, pree gud