Macbook Air 2012 Keyboard Breathing Effect

Just copy the text into a any text editor and save the file to whatever you want or just download the attached copy I made below:

breath.sh (878 Bytes)

thx for the help i probably have like one brain secl just dingin around in my head like a windows screen saver

1 Like

don’t mention it, we all feel like that sometimes. if you need anymore help with it don’t hesitate to ask :slightly_smiling_face:

it says no such file or directory
im kinda confused i dont do terminal shit

Where did you save the file to? you need to run those commands against the file location to saved it to. you might just have the wrong location or running it from your ~/ and its in ~/Downloads for example?

i know its alot and i hope im not pushing it
so could u write down what i need to copy to terminal and the file is located in the downloads tab
in finder

your fine. I’ll try and explain it best I can but I’m making assumptions as I’m not too familiar with macOS but assuming its in your downloads folder you should just need to run:

chmod +x ~/Downloads/breath.sh
sudo ~/Downloads/breath.sh

Welcome to 0cd.

To run this you will need to install a linux distribution of choice. I would recommend fedora but i have some bias on that. Once you have a linux distro installed, copy and paste the entire script from the post into a file and call it something. I am going to use breathing.sh. the .sh is important because it indicates a shell script. Once the text is in the file, save it. Then open up a terminal and navigate to the file. Execute the file as root and it should then run.

This ONLY work on a macbook with a backlit keyboard that is running linux.

sudo /bin/sh breathing.sh

3 Likes

know it repeating 9 unery operator expected
and 20 unery operator expected

thank u for the help i really apriasiate it and sorry for my bad english im from finland lol

3 Likes