Memeville 0001 [Here we go Again]

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that violates at least three maybe more terms in the OpenSource License LibraOffice uses and possibly also copyright for the logo too lol

People commented on the reddit post that it might be due to the printed handbook. Still pretty shady considering the people who usually use LibreOffice choose it because it’s free.

edit: also, this was crossposted from a german subreddit with the title “I see your 12 bucks for VLC and raise you this” or something like that. So apparently someone is selling VLC too.

1 Like

The only argument they sort of have for doing this is that there just distributing the software and the price is for packaging/install media or whatever but even then that’s a push. if they modified the source code though in any way and haven’t clearly distributed that too they don’t have a leg to stand on.

Worse part is people are for sure gonna buy this without even noticing and LibraOffice is pretty damn good for office software and all that praise will go to whatever the fuck sold it and not the developers that worked really hard on it.

1 Like

mpl allows you to sell i think
https://tldrlegal.com/license/mozilla-public-license-2.0-(mpl-2)

You can distribute binaries under a proprietary license, as long as you make the source available under MPL.

can also put it with any code they made they just have to include source for the mpl code as separate files or somethin

isnt stalliman license where you cant do anything with it ever

1 Like

2 Likes

Copyright is a meme, right?

2 Likes

My sister had this exact same issue on her Roku not long ago, fuuny enough she was trying to watch Disney+ too lol

1 Like

might do a set of meme camo patterns

1 Like

I would have no issue pirating their stuff if they act up like that.
Alternatively I just don’t buy/consume any Disney/Marvel, EA, Ubisoft, WB Games, Rockstar/TakeTwo, Activision-Blizzard stuff anymore.
Denuvo and the likes have been proven to impact game performance numerous times and yet they keep claiming it’s not the case.
Keep doing shit like that and other stupid crap like raising prices for a half-finished part of a game that’s being sold for “full price”, then sell the rest of the game as dlc, stuff loot boxes in it, releasing the same game for years and years to come. Treat your employees like replaceable robots, even look away when they’re being bullied, (sexually) harassed. Pay them shit with no benefits. Guess what, I’m not giving neither my money nor my attention.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like