Memeville 0001 [Here we go Again]

3 Likes

2 Likes

Like Robert de Niro in that movie where he plays a mobster with anger issues (and Billy Crystal is his shrink).

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Little known fact but this actually helps when playing Slayer on Spotify :rofl:

1 Like

Imagine if the playback speed for videos and music was determined by your download speeds and ISPs and router manufacturers would advertise different tiers for different genres. And illegal speed changers were highly sought after on the blackmarket.

2 Likes

ye and I’m not saying this won’t happen too lol. though for this to work the router manufacturers would have to be colluding with stream services to and only forward packets to device when needed and the service slows it down on the clientside/browser so you couldn’t over buffer the whole video and bypass it. :thinking: does this make my pfSense router contraband now XD

1 Like

Or the routers could have the access to certain streaming services whitelisted while blocking anything else your ISP’s plan doesn’t include.
I mean, there were talks about excluding social media and messaging apps to a specific service with carriers so you’d have to pay a monthly fee to be able to use them. And I think there is something like that actually in place in Africa.

There already were cases in the US where ISPs/carriers throttled traffic to external streaming services while giving full speeds to their own in-house services. And if your ISP/carrier pulls the string there ain’t much you can do about it.

1 Like

ye that would be a dark time for the internet but thank fuck we have VPNs and know how to use them.

1 Like

Those can get blocked too.

1 Like

ye true but can’t keep everything out, there’s always a way around it. just look at China.

1 Like

Yes. Ill enjoy my streaming service for 20 minutes XD

2 Likes

just make sure they aren’t eating any bananas or you’ll get your door kicked in XD

2 Likes

Dont forget about having your bed in frame too

2 Likes

ye whats up with China, whats wrong with enjoying a good juicy banana before bedtime XD

2 Likes

Yeah, and VPNs - thanks to generous sponsor slots of famous mainstream youtubers - have become much more known. But your average Joe and Linda probably don’t know how to use them.
I mean, with Huawei’s uncertain future regarding Android, the amount of people still buying their phones is mind boggling. Cause I doubt they’re able to flash a custom ROM on it (part due to the fact that Huawei stopped giving out unlock codes).

3 Likes