Post what new thing you acquired recently

And yet I’m still not able to tell you which tense is which :joy: Neither in English nor in German.

1 Like

but can you tell whether a pencil is feminine or masculine in german?

Yes.
Der Bleistift. (masculine)
But I don’t know if that’s still appropriate.

was a dumb language joke lol, whole der die das whatever

kinda eyeing the gpd micro idk, as like a portable media server, i mean they got stick computers would be an option but it is fairly compact, and has ports, so i could do like usb kb/mouse remote thing, and plug in a external drive, with built in kb/mouse screen and what not to be able to diagnose/set stuff up ahead of time, surf web or something while stuff plays on other monitor maybe

1 Like

Got a DAC to plug in my IEM into the Iphone for when I listen to Audiobooks/Podcast. Also if I got back to Android I can also use it with that.

2 Likes

ended up doin da gpd thingie, wasnt findin any cheaper box ones that had 265(meaningfully cheaper if i had to get a separate portable monitor etc drives up cost)

the other 300$ thing was pretty good option but found gpd for not that much more rather pay like 60$ more to get better form factor ands more io

keyboard kinda cool like the cap shapes(pretty sure just dome or whatever not looked particularly) has that slightly angle like regular non chiclet style kb used to have only one weird is the space bar has like 2 switches one at each end so if you click the middle can feel them both go usually at not the same time and feels weird like double click feel, but it does register as just one press, but those feel different anyways alot of the time like extra spring or whatever cause huge keycap compared to the regular keys

just them couple little things to get screen rotation and stuff(treated as like phone screen thats 720x1280 tall so gotta rotate right 90 degrees if its not doin it automatically)

otherwise only thing was cable it came with was eh for the usbc-usbc charge had to get a new one was like if it was in right position would work but tried with like phone charger and worked fine even if wiggled cable around never lost connection, but one them direct from over sea deals where the vendor just swaps in a charger or whatever for your region so not expecting the best setup for that

1 Like

Got some new shows. Was looking for new winter boots but the options were…meh. Store had 20% off on all shoes (except already discounted ones) and these fit well.

Skechers…don’t ask me what model. They seem to be exclusive to the Deichmann shoe stores as I couldn’t find anything about them. SN doesn’t bring up anything. All I know is they’re supposed to be machine washable, have memory form inner soles and Goodyear outer soles. Need to see how they fare long term but they’re light and comfy.

1 Like

Some Audio CDs

Danko Jones - Power Trio

edit: cancelled that one cause I found a limited fan pack which includes a tshirt.

Danko Jones - Wild Cat

Danko Jones - A Rock Supreme

Danko Jones - Below the Belt

Danko Jones - Never too loud

1 Like

Geekria HD 598 (and various other models) Velour ear pads.

While cheap (~16€) they feel terrible, so I’m sending them back. The velvet ones seem to be less comfy and smaller than the originals too, so not really an option (especially if the originals only cost a little bit more).
Unfortunately Sennheiser doesn’t seem to have any ear pads in stock right now and the black ones for my HD 598sr aren’t available at all anymore. Contacted their support to see if there are alternatives.

zapprealvelour

that sucks, got a wet ass peggy sticker to put on my gpd lol

edit:

1 Like

Rammstein Singles (Zeit, Angst and Adieu)

1 Like

I got an 7900 XTX

1 Like

reference one looks pretty cool

Damn, that’s a BIG upgrade!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the big electronics store chain is carrying Club3D cables and adapters.
Bought another DP 1.4 cable to have as a spare (and it was even a bit cheaper than on Amazon).

And last week I went a bit nuts with merch from that audio drama series I’m a fan of. At the register I was told that they have a 1+1 free sale going on, so I saved a bunch.

Mug, fridge magnet, shopping bag, shoe laces (they’re too short for my new boots, though), socks and a cooling bag.
I went to that book store to just pick up a book I ordered but bought much more.

Also new boots cause my old ones (I think I’ve had them for over 10 years now) started to wear out. Wasn’t sure if I wanted them in black (the darker brown isn’t being made anymore) and wanted to sleep on it. Lucky me, cause when I went back to buy them they had a 20% off deal on all inventory and got the boots, a beanie and some waterproofing spray for almost the same price as the boots would’ve cost without the sale.

1 Like

yep, on some games its up to 550% faster than my rx 580, only slightly annoyance with the card is it gets really loud with the reference cooler and it doesn’t work on Linux right now because AMD in their infinite wisdom released the shit to get it working after it was out and no body has updated to support it yet but overall I’m liking the card.

1 Like

So you’re only able to use it on Windows right now?

1 Like

yes and no. Fedora doesn’t boot at all but I did manage to get my archlinux install kinda working with it but It has to be xorg and its using software rendering for the destkop becuase the mesa libs haven’t been updated for it as evidenced by my 1FPS in CSGO when i try and run it lol

1 Like

Almost ready for competitive.

1 Like

could have had a V4080

paid for one of them thermaltake xrays gotta wait forever for shipping tho

Tolino Epos 3 (aka the Kobo Sage for Germany/Austria with different software)

Plus a simple cover

Some info about this e-reader:

• It’s essentially a Kobo Sage with different software (although also running on Android 8.1).
  • While they are the same in terms of hardware, the BT and Wifi a/ac are disabled (although rumor has it that the BT feature might be enabled with a future firmware update).
  • While the Kobo Sage can deal with a lot of different file formats, the Epos 3 only recognizes ePUB, PDF and TXT (although thanks for Calibre that’s not a problem.
  • 8" E Ink Carta 1200 display (300ppi, 1440 x 1920 pixel)
  • Allwinner B300 Quad Core CPU @1.8GHz
  • 1GB RAM
  • 32GB Storage (~26GB free)
  • 1200mAh Li-Po battery
  • Water-resistant IPX8
  • USB Type C
  • Frontlight with adjustable color temperature (warm - cold), Dark Mode (black/white inverted)

I wanted to read more again but my 4th Gen Kindle’s battery is not up for that anymore (I paid under 80€ back then). A new battery would’ve cost ~20€ (incl. shipping), so I did the rational thing and bought a new 280€ e-reader…
What can I say? I wanted to try a different brand and the Kindle Oasis just wasn’t it (while certainly very light, it looked fragile). On top of that, all current Kindle seem to have a display roulette going on where some have white dots (like a starry night sky) on dark background and I wasn’t feeling very lucky.
Went to the book store (Tolino is sold by Thalia Book & Media) and looked at a few…and ended up wanting the most expensive one.
So far my biggest gripe is the software since it’s basically the Kobo Sage but dumbed down. Other than that it’s very comfy. Sure, it’s much bigger than my - in comparison - tiny 6" Kindle but the increase in size and weight don’t impact the reading experience in a negative way.

Apparently the Tolino devices can be flashed with custom firmware. The sales guy told me that he had one customer come in with a Tolino e-reader just running stock Android (why? because he could). But I’ll wait until the 2y warranty is over until I even think about trying to flash other firmware on it.

1 Like