Post what new thing you acquired recently

Once you hit a certain (price)point the stuff you buy becomes less and less of an upgrade. And then you buy for features.

ye but audiophile in general is more the crystals and stuff,

like how many people are like blue yetis or whatever are shit buy this 3x the price thing

when in reality say a sm57 is probably better and actually been used professionally like infinitely more, i mean when talking someone gonna make big ass money like say a new ozzy record, i think they can swing a more expensive mic if they thought it would help

but mean in general like dacs, they dont even usually tell anything about the product that would make you want to buy it, like you’re buying a sound card, and they dont usually say who made it, what chipset is it? is it asus? realtek? c-media? turtle beach? is it literally just a dac?(wont be since need to convert usb and stuff will need microcontrollers and such) is it a ti?

least in most cases they dont seem to be big companies like say behringer which actually does manufacture alot of the parts/components of the thing, meaning usually probably an off the shelf part, that say a mobo could use, but their is better, they just wont tell you why, like how massive is the array of caps/chokes power filtering etc

So many days of stripping plastic off of 3.5mm plugs to make them fit. I like mini-xlr for headphones though. Snaps in easily, and is fairly standard

2 Likes

I love mini-xlr my brother has some audio technica headphones (can’t remember the model) but it uses 3.5mm plugs on both ends and he’s been though a couple of cables while I’ve had my AKG K240s for way longer and the cables are fine.

1 Like

Headphone cable finally starting to die. Still works but have it wrapped around my headphones so that it still makes full stereo sound.

Was cheap enough that it was worth it. Phones camera wont focus since ive got it so might as well.

Got atleast 1 dead cell in my laptop battery and doing litterally anything like scrolling reddit to fast will cause a hard shutdown for my laptop

3 Likes

I’m so-so about it. When I got used/damaged K712 Pros for 5 times, one of them (that wasn’t used) had the port fallen out. Like, it was literally hanging out of the case on wires. The box was sealed and the headphones had no signs of being used before, so this makes me wonder how it happened.

This is why removable headphone cables are important.

1 Like

2 Likes

A isight webcam complete in box, has all the stands! box is beat up and some tears but good for me

I have used 6 of these before to fake the matrix spin bullet time in highschool it was pretty cool learning how they did that

some how this will be useful cause i do tele everything now if i need a cam i finally own a camera for my computers i love the physical iris

3 Likes

imageimage
just got a modded qps que!fire firewire external cd-rw now with a dvd-rw 8x8 that is quieter than the stock cd-rw i need it for old macs its helpful when dvd/cd drives fail

(humble brag on dev kit v1)

plus its graphite coloured like my cubes and favorite power macs

4 Likes

imac g3 “2000 summer” dv se 500mhz 256mb sdram dvd x4
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac_dv_se_500.html#macspecs1

and apple nipple mouse has scroll left and right click its neat

4 Likes

New salt nic mod. And some juice for it/some normal stuff. Interestingly, the mod charged with USB C.

3 Likes

They haven’t arrived yet cause I just ordered them a few minutes ago, but I’m stocked for those tube scarfs.

I really hope they’re more convenient than masks.

I also ordered more foam ear tips cause the ones I bought from Linsoul that look exactly like the good ones that came with the Tin T2, are smaller.
Now I found some that also look the same but are larger and they fit. Got them in red so now that I know they fit better I ordered blue ones too (red -> right, blue -> left).

I also got some more Drei Fragezeichen CDs (some have arrived, some will take some time).
After they all arrived I’ll only need 28 to be up to date with my collection (out of 207 available numbered CDs). Then some special episodes but those might be harder to get.
And I’ll definitely need to think about where to put them.

edit: the blue tips arrived today.

2 Likes

I spare you the pile of Drei Fragezeichen CDs. But now I’m only missing 16 regular episodes and I have all of the “special” episodes except for the 3 CDs that are just the books read by each of the 3 main voice actors (so it’s actually an audio book instead of an audio drama).

Ordered some knives. The one I have is getting dull and because it’s some weird extra fine serrated blade (with extra serration on top of the other serration) it’s basically impossible for me to sharpen it. So I got a set of 6 new ones.
RÖR snack knives # 10127

1 Like

RAVPower 65W 4-Port Desktop Power Delivery GaN Charger

My only charger for multiple devices is several years old. I don’t think it supports any QC standards or has any safety stuff built in.

JSAUX USB C to USB C cables 3 Pack 1M+2M+3M

My only (again) USB C to C cable is the one that came with my RP2 and it’s not exactly great. Wanted some for the new charger. I prefer slow charging but if I’m ever in a hurry and need my phone or tablet charged asap this combo will be fine.

And christmas deco for my grandma (the one she currently has has been retired by me cause it uses tiny regular bulbs that get hot enough to turn the leave of a house plant black (guess how I know). The new one has LEDs, so there shouldn’t be a heat issue.

2 Likes

happy with this ebay snipe
serials match!

3 Likes

New thing to mess with, first Pi I’ve had since the zero (it’s a 3 b+)

4 Likes

I can’t remember if it was my 2b or 3b+ but be extra careful with the micro sd card slot on those. Its very fragile especially the release spring and mine came clean off so I’m unable to use it with sd cards anymore.

1 Like

im just going to use one of my 32gb usb drives probably for now. might pick up an SD card at some point but i seem to have misplaced the couple i had around lol

2 Likes

I have a pi in the living room for my mum to play emus of nes snes games she played in college

1 Like

grabbed some tetris games for gifts this xmas!
AHHH this one is still sealed UGH i want it myself now…

4 Likes