Post what new thing you acquired recently

I got one and my biggest complaint is when the ice gets stuck together, it just slides forward until it crashes into your face

2 Likes

Sigg has a solution for that.

The top is 2 parts: a regular cap and a “wide-mouth adapter”.
That way you can put ice and pieces of fruit or whatever in there without having to crush them into tiny pieces. But you can still drink through the small hole. Or even get one of those caps you don’t need to unscrew.

2 Likes

I saw linus had something like that on one of his but ive never seen it mentioned

Someone on their forum mentioned it looks like a hydroflask. If the threading is the same you can just buy a different lid and put it on. (just make sure it’s for the insulated if you have that one)

Another one has replaced the standard lid with this one:

They included a link to Aliexpress but the product page doesn’t exist anymore.

2 Likes

All Blurays (yes, the titles are in German but they all have English audio tracks):

• Ghostbusters 1 & 2
  • Life of Brian (Immaculate Edition)
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • The Meaning of Life (30th Anniversary Edition)
  • Zombieland (only the first one. apparently the 2nd one is meh)
  • Last Action Hero
  • Total Recall (allegedly digitally remastered from the 4K verison)
  • Se7en
  • The Devil’s Advocate

I have some of them already on DVD but a) SD is outdated and b) for some reason Monty Python and the Holy Grail refuses to be ripped.
And ~7,60€ per Bluray ain’t bad imo.

1 Like
  1. A negative CoViD test result. We have to provide a negative test result if we want to get a haircut, manicure/pedicure, massage etc.
    And since I had my last haircut about 7 months ago (with temps risingd rastically here, 28°C today compared to the ~16-18°C we had just a few days ago) I really want short hair again.

2. I’m sending the cup back cause it had a crack near the hole for the straw. Sent pics to the seller and they claim that’s normal. Regardless of that I’m getting a refund and ordered a Beast-branded one with a handle. Should arrive on Friday (along with the rest of my BluRays).

The color is called “Ladybug Red” but it looked more orange on Amazon.
And I’m pretty sure they’re the same as the Y J&L cups and Yeti cups and whatever other brands there are, just without the embossed logo and different lid.
They have a discount thing going on right now so the handle only cost me 3€ instead of 8.

edit: also just ordered the OG Spider-Man Trilogy on BR. already bought the thicc black box with silver letters on it when it first came out but the 2nd and 3rd movie can’t be ripped (at least not with my drive). So maybe the re-print will. And it’s 3 movies for 10€.
But I should really stop the spending.

Apparently I’m posting too much in here and can’t make a new post, so I’m editing this one…again.

WD_Black SN750 500GB

Planning on doing a fresh installation of Windows. In case something goes wrong I want to be able to just put the old m.2 in and act as is nothing happened.

Why not the SN850? It’s more expensive. I wanted good and cheap, not good and expensive. And I’m not paying for features I can’t use (like PCIe Gen 4). My current WD Black is holding up pretty well after 4 years of daily use (WD Dashboard says 77% life remaining), so it was either another WD Black or a Crucial P5 (which wasn’t available from Amazon).

Why only 500 gig? It’s a) literally half the price (60€) of the 1TB model, which is b) not available from Amazon as of right now. And c) I’m only using ~25% of my current 250 gig OS drive (the 250gig SN750 would be 50€, so…). I don’t need more for Win10 + drivers + my most used programs.

1 Like

If you didn’t want to get a new drive you could just image that whole ssd to one of your hard drives and if shit goes south image it back into the SSD again and you’d be good to go. is usually what I do especially when reinstalling Windows.

My oldest NVMe is just slightly worse than yours which is 500GB 970 EVO and says I’ve written like 70TBs to it and I haven’t had it nearly as long as you. I did used to backup the forum to it daily though when my secondary server wasn’t working which may not have been the best idea for the life of this SSD.

Screenshot-2021-05-14_14:35:28

1 Like

With my luck recently that’s just like inviting more bad things to happen.
In the end I’d probably just wipe the old SSD and do a fresh install there over and over again until it works. (of course with some preparation like 2 different Windows 10 builds on usb drives)

The reason I want to do a fresh install in the first place is cause Windows Search in the task bar and start menu hasn’t been working for as long as I can remember. I tried some things (like re-registering windows apps, the troubleshooter is useless btw), but it seems SearchUI.exe is missing entirely.
It’s not really a biggie cause I very rarely find a need to use it (searching in the fire explorer still works) and can get around it by just searching in the file browser.
But every time I decide to “fix” something that’s not essential I end up making it worse, then nuke everything and start from fresh. That’s why I want a safety net/backup plan in a more way that’s more convenient to me (trying to release the GPU lock on the motherboard ain’t convenient cause it’s blocked off by the GPU and CPU heatsink which is quite a hassle to get to).

Oh, I’m not really worried about the wear for now. It’s been holding up quite well.
cats2
But with all then PC components selling like hot cake I kinda wanna have something at home already IF something goes wrong. Not going back to an old 1TB HDD for my OS drive.

The new insulated cup went back to Amazon, along with the handle (which was for the 20oz instead of the 30oz cup, and yes, I ordered the correct one), along with the other handle that allegedly already went back to Amazon (same 20oz bullshit) yet it arrived today too.
The moron of a delivery driver dropped the package in the hallway, thinking nobody saw it. I have no idea if the scratches on the cup’s paint were due to that, but the protection inside the product box was only a thin (ripped) piece of paper.
I really hope that delivery company (3rd party delivery company driving for Amazon) gets replaced soon cause the delivery drivers are sub-par (dropping packages, ignoring changed delivery dates, not wearing masks, etc).

As for the cup…I have no idea which one to order or where to get it. paying 30€ for a friggin cup and then it doesn’t even arrived undamaged…it’s annoying. Yet the stores near me don’t have cups like that.
The same is true for a lot of other products. Brick and mortar retails stores can’t compete with Amazon’s variety. And even if they do have online stores the experience is the same as in retail stores plus often worse customer service and longer delivery times.

1 Like

Some more Blu Rays…

Jumanji (Special Edition)

Hook

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Men in Black 1-3

Yes, another haul…

Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2

Army of Darkness (pre-ordered cause it’s not in stock)

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Indiana Jones - The Complete Adventures (aka all 3 movies)

The Mummy Trilogy (no Scorpion King bs)

And probably on Tuesday some Bud Spencer & Terrance Hill movies on BR cause they’re half the price of what Amazon has them listed for.

got my usb>floppy drive which actually had the little power cable and seems to work fine, and the usb3> usb3 card reader + 1 usb3 port, just waiting for a different 5.25>3.5 adapter which blocks the front so i dont have to use the mesh one, and gotta block bunch of mesh still

1 Like

Well, so I went back to the store today and bought all except for one Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies they had on Blu Ray (5 for 20€, 16 Blu Rays total).

Close Calls (DVD)
The 6th Day
Zwei Bärenstarke Typen
Zwei sind nicht zu bremsen
Zwei Himmelhunde auf dem Weg zur Hälle
Vier Fäuset gegen Rio
Die Rechte und die Linke Hand des Teufels
Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja (German Theater Version)
Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja (Comedy Version)
Zwei außer Rand und Band
Der Supercop
Der Große mit seinem ausserirdischen Kleinen
Der Bomber
Banana Joe
Zwei Asse trumpfen auf
Die Miami Cops
Das Krokodil und sein Nilpferd

The one I didn’t buy didn’t even have Bud Spencer or Terence Hill in it, so I didn’t care about it.

the 6th day is pretty cool

got the other 5.25>3.5 thingie so i could block the front flat, so glued in bunch of vinyl stuff to block most of the big vent gaps. shiz was blasting me in the knee like full force 140mm before(when entire side panel and front is intake, that was all just leaking out from the one front hole and around the 4 fans on the raised x thing)

edit: also spongebob dvds suck lol

1 Like

Last ones for a while. My BluRay purchasing got way out of hand this month.

Army of Darkness (aka Evil Dead 3)
Heavy Metal

At least the first one was only 5€ and some change. “Pre-ordered” it on Amazon when it was out of stock, got it shipped and now it’s out of stock again.
The other one was ~7€.

ordered some slav shit from russia, also 50 refurbished floppies for like 19$ gotta get my encryption keys game on

1 Like

I didn’t know there were refurbished floppies.

some website recycles them for people with outdated tech/helps people transfer data off and stuff too

they buy and sell etc apparently

And all those floppies that are abused as coasters…

they sell them too for art projects and stuff lol

props for classic plays about the 1990s you know

1 Like