Post what new thing you acquired recently

Diablo 3 - Book of Adria (Bestiary, Hardcover)
Diablo 3 - Book of Tyrael (Characters, Paperback)
Bomb Queen VIII - Trump Card (Paperback)
Bomb Queen - Gang Bang (Paperback, on back order)

1 Like

got some cool red transparent ones and a green or maybe cyan transparent, but kinda cool random mix of colors/label colors and stuff too

1 Like

My ext. BD drive is pretty old now and there’s apparently no way for it to read UHD BDs or flash LibreDrive. If it dies I’d have to find a new one anyway.
Someone on the L1T mentioned they bought an int. one (Hitachi-LG BU40N) that works with LibreDrive. I looked up recommended drives on the MakeMKV forum and apparently it’s one of only a few that supports UHD BDs without the need to flash the firmware but works with LibreDrive too.
Unfortunately, it’s a 9.5mm internal drive and ext. enclosures are rare and overpriced (45€ incl. shipping on eBay), so had to get an adapter.

Incidentally, there’s a company selling on Amazon called techpulse120. According to people on the MakeMKV forum they use the same Hitachi-LG BU40N drive but in an enclosure.
I ordered one of those too (4k UHD USB 3.1 Type C). If both work fine then I’ll send the bare one back (keep the adapter cause who knows when I’ll suddenly need a SATA to USB adapter?).

And it’s not as if I’m planing to get UHD BDs but who knows? Better to already have one and not needing to buy one if I ever decided to move up to 4K.

Hitachi-LG BU40N

Unitek Y-1099New (recommended on the MakeMKV forum, works with flashing LibreDrive too)
forgot to check if it’s slimeline SATA…it’s not

techpulse120 ext. 4K UHD BD burner USB Type C 3.1

and a 2pack of USB C to A cables cause the ones included with the drive are probably a bit too short
all of that should arrive on Friday

edit:
Unitek adapter cancelled, ordered those instead.

EasyULT Adapter Kabel USB 3.0 auf SATA 7 + 6

UGREEN USB 3.0 extension cable (1m)

Edit: I ended up sending 3/4 of the order back.
The laptop drive came bent at a corner. No surprise, though. They shipped it in a thin plastic bag (it slipped out of it during shipping) in a big cardboard box filled with some air bags, most of them deflated. On top of that the delivery guy dropped the package right in front of me, acted as if nothing happened.
So I’m sending it back together with all the cables and adapters. I have no use for a slimline SATA to USB adapter and all my USB cables are long enough so I don’t need the extension either. The Anker cables go back cause - and that was my mistake - they’re 2.0, not 3.0.

Gonna wait until Monday got a cheap pair of longer USB 3.0 Type C to A cables during Prime Day (cause I got 10€ credit for buying from a small business on Amazon that’s only eligible during Prime Day).

2 Likes

Pipes for hooking up the washing machine “properly”.
Also some other stuff like silicone for re-silicone-ing the shower, some grout for fixing various spots, thread tape for the new shower battery.
Adapter to hook the drain hose to the pipe arrives on Friday. The huge ass hardware store didn’t have it. Not even listed in their inventory. But who did? Papa Bezos’ Space Store did. It’s not even anything that special.
I’m all for supporting small businesses over ordering from Amazon. But what do you do when neither the small businesses nor the big chains don’t have it?

1 Like

Got a decent projector for cheap, $40 for it. Needs a new bulb in ~400 hours but otherwise is pretty good. Infocus IN2114

3 Likes

I love projectors but the last one i had was nearly 1000W and was not something i wanted to run for any amount of time XD

3 Likes

Just got this from a guy locally that has all kinds of neat hardware, mostly older stuff. Interesting as well is that he went to high school with my grandfather, small town life I guess lol.

3 Likes

Rammstein - Liebe ist für alle da (Special Edition)

Rammstein - Rammstein (Special Edition)

2 Likes

They arrived!

They both contain a booklet (one of them pamphlet style, you know, like a beginner level one so you can practice for the ones that come with medicine) containing lyrics and some photography/art.

2 Likes

Scored a great deal on a lot of vintage cards

FX 5950 ultra, 4870, 9800 GTX+, X850 (Either XT or platinum not sure yet), and a 6800 GT AGP.

1 Like

no waifu cards tho

I don’t really collect cards especially not those unless I happen to find them for a great deal lol. Though I am kindof sad cool art on gpus isn’t a thing anymore, was interesting to see all the different designs and such. Those cards interesting from a 3d art perspective if nothing else

well cept yeston gettin in on makin weird anime shiz lol

they had the cat one, the cat case etc

My copy of Fight Club isn’t being recognized by either of my disc drives anymore, so I got a new one to rip. Old one came in a nice steel book, though.
And Iron Sky was in a double pack for 8€. Apparently the 2nd movie is crap, but still cheaper than each one individually.

1 Like

6800 OC AGP bnib, 6800 XT reference AGP, 7950GT AGP, RX 460 2gb, sapphire 5750, a couple of 9600/GT cards and a sadly broken FX 5500 AGP. All for $100 lol.

1 Like

My sister got me this awesome nether portal lego set for Christmas

3 Likes

First new car ever, a 2022 Jeep compass Latitude Lux. On lease, so only maintenance I have to do is oil changes and possibly? tires but everything else is covered like brakes etc. Will give it back in three years, or I can buy it in 3 years for a decent amount less than the normal price so either way it’s pretty nice.

2 Likes

amongst other things in a lot off of ebay, got a powerbook G4 17" 1.33ghz that seems to be in OK shape, a couple older dells, one of which had everything so threw ubuntu on it, and some graphics cards and motherboards (sadly some are broken, though the Nforce 590i SLI might be salvageable if I replace the plastic part of the CPU socket). Also some scsi hard drives which are still in the boxes, Cheetah 15.7K … which i have no use for at the moment. Also, a chinese region Asus laptop, that has a standard US layout for some reason. Might be interesting to test that out.
Also a Bioteq 386 motherboard with an AMD 386-DX40… which someone previously tried to repair at some point and soldered the keyboard pins together, and I need to removed the leaky battery. Otherwise seems like it should? work but need an AT PSU or an adapter for an ATX one, so… will wait on that.
And a core 2 quad Q8300, some ide drives, a ryzen 5 stock cooler, some crappy AM2 board, and some other stuff.
The lot had more in it but sadly some was destroyed in shipping. Most of it though, made it so that was nice.

Powerbook 17" 1.33 internals seem to be pretty alright, considering the age of it (need a hard drive but otherwise it’s all there including a battery which isn’t bulging surprisingly, still probably dead though):

1 Like

finally a waifu card

Set up the HP Z440 i got last week after waiting on the 4x4gb ECC Reg ram to arrive. tried my rx 460 in it… and it has artifacting. oh well, threw in one of the 9800 GTs that I have that doesn’t need a 6-pin as sadly the z440 has the low wattage PSU so it doesn’t have extra PCIE or anything. But not bad for a $50 pickup plus the $40 for the ram.

also a surprisingly great condition Foam and Foil AT&T terminal keyboard.

also, a beat to hell video production keyboard of some sort with a massive amount of cherry MX blacks on it. might? do something with it but probably will just sell it to someone who wants a lot of vintage MX blacks lol

1 Like