Project RAPTR

Yeah.

Yeah. Sort of. Just wasn’t what I was expecting.

Fixed the time issue. There is an issue where the initial state of my time objects needs to be null and can’t be an empty string '', at mount. After which it becomes a string and can be empty. :s

1 Like

It’s rebuilding.

Build complete.

I like the new menu, is a great addition and works well on my phone. Also the dialog for charging time on mobile is great now that its a pop out box that scales the screen (the old one is still there under it) and the number only input for Route Number. Other than that I noticed that the new log entry doesn’t scale as well as before on mobile and you can’t scroll through on the log page so I can only see warehouse, carrier and tractor.

You actually still can, but its as intuitive.

I was playing around with different breakpoints to try and get a better mobile experience. Guess thats still WIP xD

It will definitely still be a focus, but now I really need to get the last core features complete so I can roll out a 1.0. The desktop/tablet experience is where my focus is at right now since that’s what actually going to be using this app.

1 Like

I have drastically improved the mobile UI. @Michael I’d love your feed back.

1 Like

:ok_hand: The new UI is a vast improvement overall, I like the responsive design and scaling works perfectly on every device I’ve tried it on so far.

2 Likes

:smiley: yay. I’ve been doing many refinements.

1 Like

It shows, the project is coming together quite well.

2 Likes

UI looks good but the text does not wrap around with long text

Also i had a thought. For the records thing. Defaulting to yes/no might be a bad idea because someone might forget to click the correct one so it might not reflect the right one. So why not have the yes/no be blank and show something like a yellow symbol when its not answered?

2 Likes

Yeah ahah I’m still working on the form, but I decided to tackle the UI issue first. You can have the best form in the world but if its not seamless with the UI then no one wants to use it.

Why have defaults to yes you might ask? Well, ordinarily I’d just leave it all empty. But for this specific use case, it is better that they are the default. The project goal was to save time and increase productivity. Quite literally, 99% of the time, the defaults are the defacto input for the majority of logs for common carriers. When I conducted my research I examined months worth of data from spreadsheets to come up with these.

My rationale was: “why waste time typing redundant info, just record what is different/what matters”. This allows them to focus on the data that changes with greater attention.

I’ve actually had them use the form and timed them with my app vs with paper. A user who is competent at typing is about 10-15 seconds faster at entry, and response time to finding issues is now half of what it used to be.

For my next feature to really seal the deal, I’m going to implement advanced searching for past logs. Something was done all by hand by going through cabinets and would take hours. My goal is to get that down to just a few seconds.

2 Likes

Is this in production already?

No its not in prod, but I’ve run simulations with them. Populated with a bunch of dummy data and then said to find the issue.

We did get a surface in recently, which is what this is going to be used on. So I’ve been running my tests on that.

2 Likes

Ah. So its a touch interface?

Mostly yes, as that’s who and what will be using it mon-fri at the front guard shack. On the weekends, there’s just one guy at night who monitors our dist. center and another dist. center’s gate and opens them up remotely and records data for both areas. He does this from the front desk, which is a 1920x1080 desktop. So I needed it to be responsive. The big cheese managers all have iphones, and I’m sure that they’d like the ability to use this from their phones as the head of security is a real paranoid twat.

2 Likes

I have implementing log voiding as opposed to deletion.

I spoke to one of the officers and we both agreed that it would not be good to actually remove logs from the database, so going forward nothing shall be actually removed from the database. Instead there is a void field and if it is set to true then the task is voided out and no longer return as an active task.

This allows the users to remove logs from the interface without removing them from the database.

2 Likes