Smoking/Vaping/& Etc Lounge

gross

for years they havenā€™t been mass produced because R.J. Reynolds thought that lucky strike would overlap with the other brands they own (mainly, Camel).
So you could still sometimes find the unfiltered lucky strikes but it was rare at best. Oddly overseas they are still super popular.
But now, it seems like they are relaunching the brand with the filtered cigarettes, doing a $1 off coupon etc like some of the other new brands that have come out recently. Seems like they are taking the euro-style filtered reds and golds and selling them here now.
Had one of them, itā€™s not as good as the unfiltered but still pretty good and for $7.80 a pack (before the $1 off coupon) (where here marlboroā€™s are usually 8-9 a pack) they arenā€™t bad at all.

Itā€™s been a few years since I bought a pack of cigarettes but Iā€™m sure they have been sold here since forever. Although I donā€™t remember any without filter.
Could get red, blue (formerly silver), menthol (double click, something in the filter that you need to break in order to get the menthol taste) and ā€œnaturalā€ ones. They used to make some limited series like Fire Leaf or Madura.

How they would overlap with Camel I donā€™t know. They taste different. Camel always had a rougher smoke.

Also: since when do you smoke cigarettes? I thought youā€™re just in the cigar enjoyer club?
From personal experience Iā€™d say cigarettes are more about getting relieve from an addiction than enjoying the taste.

i like trying different tobaccos, cigarette wise lucky strikes are the only ones i actually like flavor wise and only really the unfiltered ones. these filtered ones are alright but not the same. Still a lot better than the normal marlboro and so on though.
as far as nicotine use goes especially on night shift but even on days a full 12 hour day is hard to get through without caffeine and nicotine so i have all the things now :stuck_out_tongue: but on my off days i dont have much nicotine, if any.

How do you even smoke unfiltered cigarettes without getting all the tobacco in your mouth?

you do get tobacco in your mouth but but itā€™s not terribly hard to minimize it. Packing the cigarettes before you open them (the tapping thing you see people do with new packs) helps, as well as learning how to smoke it without getting as much tobacco on your lips. But without the filter you get a much better flavor out of lucky strikes. I have no idea if the only other brand currently that does unfiltered (camel red unfiltered) would be better or worse without a filter since I donā€™t really have camel reds ever but lucky strikes are.

I might try the loose Lucky Strikes tobacco next time I go to my local Trafik (kiosk for magazines and tobacco wares).
Used to only smoke Drum tobacco (the dark blue pouch) for a while since my go-to brands (first Horizon, then American Spirit) were discontinued (plus I had some issues with them sometimes where the sealed tobacco smelled kinda acidic, like tomatoes, when I opened them; I always got them replaced for free at my usual Trafik), then Javanse which was kinda like a softer Drum but had the same issue as the others regarding the smell.
Then just Drum and recently only the yellow Manitou (the latter is like regular tobacco without additives).

I find that the thickness of the filter makes a difference when it comes to taste and that some taste better with thin filter.