The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

the 4800u is faster in many multi threaded workloads in the same 15~25w lower power region, the 58 is like 20% faster than 4800 if push the 25w

like 30%+ faster in some instances at a not substantially higher power draw, against previous gen silicon with 8 vs 8 comparison. either their low power cores are super slow, or the high power ones are doing boost stuff in single threaded and it cant clock the same when its trying to use all of them becuase the per core power draw is super high, like say intels new 11000 series vs their 10000

4800u is just the low power version its not that expensive, people dont like them because they put them in shitty low cost laptops

m1 isnt intended for video editing, hence people already having issues with ssds dying because of the non expandable ram not being enough, music editing is fine but you can run reaper on a core2 quad or something too so no reason to buy a new system if you already have like 8. depending on scenario i guess if you need all kinds of effects/simulation stuff maybe need newer stuff idk

if you just recording couple tracks at a time, can get by with like 10 year old laptop and audacity

edit:
like this here

should do ~7350 multi threaded in r23 if its locked to 15w, if it can do 25w would do like ~8800 or something being the lamer the 4700u

if it was the 4800hs its like 11150 at ~35w

the m1 is like 7500, goin against previous gen zen2(2019 cores) on 7nm(which is one of the least impressive segments of zen perf/w) with their newer 2020 cores/arch, newer 5nm silicon, with an arch that should have the natural advantage in performance per watt

idk single threaded is good atleast but, the power limit hitting all core workloads not that impressive

You missed a big point that amd uses x86-64 its garbage bloat that is inflated i dont care about cinebench or what not if its on x86

Wtf is that software you recommended for music production i would not touch with a 30 foot pole

The reason again its software im used to im not learning new garbage that i cant put on a resume

Like you make good points that i dont care about tho

Also the ssd wear was from logging files that should be in ram on the ssd

A fixed issue that wasnt even a whole production
Dont start with 8gb ram

Graphically it allows me to build all my 3d print files and machine g code renders and play a 4k film at the same time who ever says editing is bad on it is a intel shill ive played with it enough to know that a amd cpu is not compared to a whole system amd stuff is shit for mobos the cpus for actual workload you are again going to pay a arm and a leg

I dont care if you think your amd system is better

Its not better value to me

Cant use a amd cpu when no gpus out to buy

Its you cant get a system as a whole at any value so fuck the intel amd build pc market untill crypto miners eating up chip manufacturing time and dram

I dont want to wait for a shit bloat system for 3 times the cost of a system i can use now

And if i wanted a 10 year old laptop to use i would use my mbp i7 1tb ssd 16gb ram runs older macos does the limited work but fuck intel

r23 is cross platform they have a version specifically supporting the m1, changed the scale and stuff too since new version thats not compatible numbers with r20 or whatever versions

All the tests are the same settings with a 12 minute 4K file with a target bitrate of 110 Mb/s.
Rendering this out with 16GB RAM took 33 minutes 47 seconds.

With 32GB things sped up to 30 minutes 41 seconds. Finally, 64GB took just 28 minutes 41 seconds. This shows it absolutely makes a difference.

pretty sure more depends on editor you use/what functions for stuff, the exporting file usually doesnt use much ram at all if its just encoding, unless super high bitrate i guess, since processor will be slower than storage if trying to do alot of cpu time at h265 or something

but in their example going from 16>32gb was like 10% decrease in time, which would be like almost a next gen processor amount faster

but is the low powe/ laptop thing not for workstation tasks so not made for that

workstation/server ones will be interesting to see what they do for ram stuff, if they move it off the substrate will increase latency a bunch and reduce single threaded/ipc, could use it as l4 and have off substrate ram also would be best prolly, but doubt they care about screwing over people if they dont spec out a higher system then they need(incase their needs grow in the future) like if they start out general use sometimes workstation 16gb, cant later upgrade to 32 or 64 later if its on the substrate under a heat spreader, assuming they dont solder the chip to board idk

reaper? some random edgelord name actually pretty good product, like protools, ableton that actual professional touring musicians, recording studios and stuff use them

audacity, some kinda meme linux thing, but depending on how you record has way more features then i would use. i mean i would put a mic on my guitar cabinet and use my amp and stuff, dont really need the fancy gui cab simulators where i can simulate moving the microphone and stuff. so i just need ability to do couple tracks at a time maybe(if did couple mics to blend or something, or stereo tracking) then just wave form output to clip off empty silence from hitting go and then starting to play etc maybe some noise/hum cancellation

i mean if you do live recording you could run a reel to reel of craigslist or something and just jack the output from rca or whatever into the onboard sound card and have pretty good audio

Putting reaper on a resume is a joke
Im not here to argue
Im here to have fun posting please stop

Your use case is different i dont want to go in circles with you i dont wanna stress over your trolling din

says macs are for art

just sayin lel. has support for all the major types of plugins, unlimited simultaneous tracks from multiple interfaces at a time, really customizable interface, with really low bloat, runs fast

but not everbody wants the more linux like poweruser shit where you have to set it up how you want, they want it how it already is, and it has to be what they already know(like how adobe software still exists eventhough many of their products are going down the drain and people are leaving them like the plague)

but thats why theres like 15 paid ones that have existed for long time, cause people buying enough to support software devs makin em for like decade+ usually different niche things i guess

is whatever

have to see in couple weeks i guess but aqua teen trending up bunch on my youtube, the coming to america stuff going down makes sense, given longer time since release of the second movie, but not sure why random athf goin to moon

maybe hit some other tier of activity or something that increased the promotion of it or something idk

yall see the elon tunnel with people driving the cars cause couldnt even get it to self drive in a closed loop tunnel going slower than the city bus?

@TheDiddilyHorror so far mouse still doin pretty good other than batterylife isnt super great, but little bit better atleast and only one battery at a time kinda nice. only annoyance really is everyone once in awhile driver crashes or something(like once couple weeks or somethin not very often) have to unplug/replug the usb for it to move again, besides that the speeds reset if you dont have the razer app installed still after battery dies

Which mouse was it? Can’t remember.

the hyperspeed basilisk x or somethin

Ah, from Razer. Have you tried different batteries? Or does it only take AA size ones so can’t do better rechargeable ones like 18650 or something?

only AA but the recharable ones seem to usually do a shiz tiny battery back and not like a 18650 or something with upto 50hrs whatever

edit:
problem is mostly i should just use a wired one since almost always on desktop, but i like the option to hook it to media server/laptop if i go somewhere or whatever and not need multiple mice/have to use the shitty mouse on that system

and use it a jackload of time like 8~10hrs a day

and usually proprietary. always nice when they discontinue the device and the successor uses something different.

dunno since never took apart but would guess one of them little silvery bag squarish rectangle whatever flat ones with a wire

is like a inside the thing have to take the mouse apart to get access thing, more then a removable thing

nah, I mean the ones that have replaceable proprietary battery packs. I think some steel series headset had one that looked like a battery pack for old dumb phones.

that’s like the company saying “screw you, we tell you when to buy a new headset”.
same with some mice. razer and logitech had one too.

oh dunno never seen figured most are like blue tooth headsets and stuff, and it just has a shitty rechargeable button cell or tiny pack in it, mean can replace the packs and stuff if you really want, have to solder it in, just same number of cells or whatever

but id want one like 500>1000hrs of battery life or somethin not recharge it once a couple/few days

I have a wireless mouse at my laptop but I only use it a couple minutes each day and it goes into standby mode when you don’t touch it for a while so I get a few weeks/months out of a single AA battery.

wouldn’t want one for my desktop cause suddenly not being able to use the cursor cause the battery is dead would suck.
same with most stuff that is wireless.
except for my gamepad. I have 2 battery packs that I just switch and recharge in an older xbox controller.

ye get like 1~2months depending since has power saving stuff, but has lights when its starting to get close to dying

I wish the xbox controllers had an indicator for the battery life. have to use the accessories app to get one of 4 indicators (full, medium, low, critical).

ye have a wired 360 but usually only use for racing games or whatever, but dont do that too much since lazy :x.

think gonna do an internal floppy drive for one of the 3.5" bays lol could put a massive key on it no one can read

(all services)
LOL on the shitty as fuck landing page I havent fixed because I dont care and it scares normies

:wink:

Harden everything lol