1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

jrCCRMl7Y8DAw5-mVyKiznMavAd7ZfMxogkZ_wvfRVk

>implementing timezones

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Our old kitchen tops had the same iron-on veneer.

1 Like

You mean peel-off veneer?

No, you have to iron them on. There’s a dry layer of glue on the backside. You put the veneer where you want it to stick and then put an iron on it so the glue melts (carefully not burning the veneer).

I don’t think it’s real wood, just some wood texture and colored like that. Those that look like stone definitely aren’t wood, duh.

You usually only apply it to the thin sides. It can be bought in rolls. There’s also a tool for trimming the edges flush.

giphy

I was making a joke that iron veneer is usually so shit it ends up peeling before too long

1 Like

My grandfather used it for a ton of furniture he built himself. It’s been decades and only now are some starting to peel off a bit.

I was looking up peel off veneer and there actually is some that is “peel and stick”, so it kinda made sense.

The trick might be to make sure the edges are sealed so no moisture can creep under the veneer.

1 Like

dunno what kind they use but they got it on cheaper countertops in us alot, usually random colors/patterns and stuff on like chip/fiberboard for the cheapest counter top setups

edit: usually like random speckles, but actually not that bad, thick layer of plasticy stuff, more dent resistant and stuff then soft wood would be, resist scrapes from plates/silver ware and stuiff