Post what new thing you acquired recently

Yay. May or may not be going overboard with the one thing and the USB to RS232 cable is for the terminal project lol… Might Actually be able to connect the terminal now.

2 Likes

2 Likes

sigh
HD598 2,5m (8.2ft) replacement cable cause I misplaced the 3m cable somewhere (probably in my room) -_-

3 Likes

Why just not look for it? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I searched my room for an hour, looked in every drawer, box and on every shelf.
All I know is that I had it on my desk until shortly after I got the K712 back from repair, then I tried the 1,2m cable (which is too short to use at my desk), and then I have no idea where I put them.

2 Likes

This is why you need a box you can throw random cables into so you can have organized chaos of tangled cables but at least you can find them.

2 Likes

I have a drawer for that in my room.
If I don’t use a cable (like the coiled one for the K712) then I put them in the box they came in.
And it’s not like I have that many cables with a 1/4" plug in them.
This should stand out quite a bit.

1 Like

Just bought a Sapphire R9 390 Nitro

The camera on my surface pro 2 sucks

5 Likes

Got this for $10 at an antique shop, thing weighs like 2lbs lol. If I bought something similar online I don’t even want to know what it would have cost me as its entirely brass.

also I keep forgetting this thread is a thing and posting in the lounge… Will post here more with new things lol

2 Likes

Most of the stuff I buy right now is boring… toner/drums/envelopes/paper… nothing worth noting lol

3 Likes

The exciting world of office supplies

2 Likes

Well at least your not spending $2,400 a year on that shit anymore XD

3 Likes

Overlord Vol.1-5 (6 on preorder)
overlordvol1manga

D-Frag Vol. 1-5

The Three Investigators (audio drama) #181
dreifrag181

Ghost - Meliora + Popestar EP (Deluxe Edt.)
ghost

Ghost - Infestissumam
ghost%20infi

Ghost - Opus Eponymous
ghost%20opus

4 Likes

I got a USB Ethernet adapter and a USB A to C adapter so I can finally play my switch online at school

The solution is bulky as hell but it works.

3 Likes

Nice. I’ve wanted to do that with my Switch because WiFi can be flaky on it but the usb-to-Ethernet adapter I already have isn’t supported by it for some reason :frowning:

1 Like

I just got the cheapest gigabit one off amazon and a cheap to pack of A to C adapters

1 Like

I bought mine way before the Switch even came out and it was the cheapest usb-to-Ethernet adapter that had supported in FreeBSD as I wanted to use it in my router at the time. Will likely end up getting another one for the Switch eventually but its alright for now.

1 Like

This is the one I got if you’re interested https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00M77HMU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518799750&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+basics+usb+to+ethernet

2 Likes

This IDE to SATA adapter as it was cheap and its a pain pulling out my P4 whenever I need to read an IDE drive. The soldering job on it is crusty as fuck, has flux residue all over the board, and throws a ton of errors when I try and boot with it on Linux. Guess thats what I get for buying cheap Chinese stuff.

1 Like

My New Define R5 black with no window I got off ebay arrived.

3 Likes