Post what new thing you acquired recently

Got some new micro-USB to type-A cords because all of mine were either too short or broken

3 Likes

Got a new fork for my bike.

3 Likes

Last post was 10 days ago, huh?

Got a bunch more manga (I’m up to Vol.17 of Assassination Classroom now).
Also Ep.16-30 of the audio drama series The Three Investigators.
Pair of book ends.
Generic Overwatch Butts deskmat (was on sale for 10€) for when I need to wash the simple black one.
Uhm…I think that’s it.

2 Likes

I got myself some boots and shoes since the asics I had were over a year old and had a hole, and my only other boots are biker boots.

4 Likes

Doing taxes requires that kind of footwear?

1 Like

Nah taxes don’t, but winter does require boots when there’s a steady 2.5ft of snow on the ground for 5 months.

1 Like

No heat? No nasty sun?

Nah, just a shit ton of snow. I’m in WNY after all…

Hey, handsome. Need a roomie?

3 Likes

Picked up one of these:

I no longer need to get out of bed to shut the computer down before falling asleep :+1:

I’m no longer this guy:

4 Likes

I have one of those the only bad thing I have to say about them is the track pad can be a wonky at times.

2 Likes

I have one. Shelved it pretty quick. After years of typing on Model Ms, Cherry MX blues and Lenovo keyboards, the keys feel really mushy.

2 Likes

Yes, a wood box. Only one cause the reviews on Amazon were meh (half praised them, half said they’re garbage). But I want to use them sideways as bookshelves next and on top of each other for my mangas (I’m running out of space and actual bookshelves cost a fortune for some reason and 90% of them don’t fit in my room).

Exactly how much Manga do you have?

2 Likes

Enough that they run out of actual bookshelves

1 Like

62 volumes + 8 novels related to anime
Then there’s 72 comic books too.
And the “real” books that are stowed away in cupboards.

2 Likes

That’s fewer than I expected, I’m a little disappointed.

1 Like

Most of the walls in my room are lined with cupboards, most of them for all my clothes. They weren’t planned with that amount of collecting in mind.

2 Likes

Are you saying clothes are more important then storage space for manga

No, but instead of ~10 t-shirts I have probably 40. Cause my grandmother thinks quantity > quality.
But it wouldn’t really matter, as the actual display shelf space is limited. I have a 91 x 72 x 26cm area that’s actually free but I need to figure out what I can put there. It has only one shelf which bows even when only DVD cases are on it. The bottom is actually the top of a “chest” for stowing away bed sheets, pillows, etc during the day (nobody does that anymore. This whole cupboard thing is over 25 years old.