The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Itā€™s pretty fast with foobar2000. Donā€™t know about Linux alternativesā€¦a shame itā€™s not available there, especially considering how much you can tweak it to your likes.

Masses - 320kbps mp3 - OR Classes - 1000+kbps flac?
Under 10mb per song OR 50+mb?

Oh, the choicesā€¦

I made a script that loops through a directory and converts everything with sox. works pretty well and is really fast. Mostly just use cmus for local music on Linux because its clean and simple and gets the job done. plus doesnā€™t really take up any space as I have it as a tab in my terminal.

I mean if you have the capacity to store it then why not have them as flac?

shudders

I get uncomfortable as soon as a drive is 2/3 full, which is the case for all of them except C (boot + drivers + some programs) and D (programs + docs + games).
Probably gonna need a new one soon. Replace one of the old 1TB WD Blue with a 4TB.

1 Like

It really isnā€™t bad. UI is very clean and simple but lets you get pretty advanced if you want to, also has a separate app that lets you control it from the commandline which Iā€™ve used to setup hotkeys in i3 for everything. means I donā€™t even have to use the UI at all most of the time.

yeah kinda gets crazy when you have to store everything. One of the reasons Iā€™ve been putting off converting all my stuff to flac is that I 100% donā€™t have enough disk space for that right now and donā€™t really want to buy another drive just yet.

1 Like

By the way if anyone is looking for an easy to use software to create a bootable usb install drive this is pretty good and neat:

Iā€™ve tested it with a couple of different linux distro iso files and it just works.

On a separate note Iā€™ve almost written a whole page for chapter 6 in 20 minutes. I might finally be getting through my writers block on this story. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Made a couple more lounges :smiley:

2 Likes

rofl thisā€¦
@wolfleben this is a keycap

3 Likes

That is neat. I wouldnā€™t use it though.

will be playing Assassins Creed Rogue now on the AMD twitch for a few hours :smiley:

1 Like

neat will drop by in a little while if I can.

@Michael the ocdā€¦it doesnā€™t stop. kinda thinking about re-doing my movies with better audio nowā€¦fuck.

It isnā€™t worth it, you must resist.

1 Like

Whats that like 4.7TBs worth of stuff to redo? yeahā€¦ no.

Nah, just the bluays. Wouldnā€™t bother with the DVDs and anime.
~500GB

That doesnā€™t sound as bad. how many movies is that?

Oh wait. Did a dumb. 500GB is both blurays and DVDs combined. Only half of that is from blurays.
111 files.
Butā€¦itā€™s movies and Iā€™m watching them with my headphones or 100ā‚¬ speakers, soā€¦no benefit of surround dolby transformers circlejerk format. Meh.

1 Like

yeah not bad. I mean you could do it but still think its not worth it unless thereā€™s a really big difference in the audio quality but I doubt it.

Hell, Iā€™d want the whole rip in full size, uncompressed with all the audio codecs n shit. But LA Confidential is like 40GB. Thatā€™s 16 movies now.

damn man thats inane, donā€™t think I could deal with being that ocd about my media. Youā€™d need a whole load of new HDDs just for that.