The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

but what if there was a way for the admin to clear the logs :thinking:

you can if you have ssh access to the server and can get a shell on the discourse docker image

mixed with keepasshttp, it is like lastpass without the cloud!

Also have keepass in my own personal nextcloud, so I do get the cloud-ish functionality of lastpass without the same paranoia.

2 Likes

yep. thats my problem with keepass is trying to sync the databases together. I dont trust lastpass with my password as that only moves the problem back 1 step

1 Like

I always read that as keep ass lol

4 Likes

thats because your still a 12 year old on the inside lol

1 Like

So is everyone here lol… Well mostly.

2 Likes

Its because you better keep your ass off my passwords

1 Like

I use to do this: The keepass DB is synced via nextcloud, the secondary keyfile is sync’d with sync.com, and a completely unique password that I don’t use anywhere else. Now the password is still somewhat guessable due to my uses of patterns for a lot of my passwords. But the secondary keyfile acts as a 2nd factor auth.

I’ve gotten lazy and now just keep the keyfile on nextcloud in a separate directory.

2 Likes

also if anybody wants any custom emojis let me know :kappa:

1 Like

yep. Ive thought about just setting up some kind of rsync with a master database file but im too lazy to even set that up

1 Like

I used to do this internally with my local nextcloud instance that wasn’t accessible via the internet but got lazy and don’t even have that running anymore as now I only have a single working machine I can use it with.

1 Like

Ugh, I’ve read somewhere that I should start using emotes because it makes me seem more “sociable”, but my most used emote is “XD” and “o.0”.

3 Likes

thats about the same for XD

1 Like

I’d offer my nextcloud for your keepass only, but that only bring us back to your initial problem. Trusting your potential passwords in the hands of another.

1 Like

yep. it would be something i run on my school laptop i removed my schools control over it

1 Like

@Dje4321 is there a size limit for emojis on the forums? will need to go digging for some :eggplant: :kappa:

no clue. think its the standard image upload limit. its 8MB atm with attachments being at 4MB

1 Like

neat. will see what I can come up with.

just make sure they are tasteful and follow forum rules

2 Likes