The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Dirty Peasent

1 Like

lolno
i prefer to play my games, not work for 10+ hours and then maybe play a somewhat broken version of the same thing rofl

He needs to join us on the path to enlightenment

One of us one of us

1 Like

You donā€™t have to go all audiophile circlejerk math and take distances and such into consideration. Just angle them a bit so most of the sound doesnā€™t got past you.

simple fucking icon packs donā€™t work properly when you use the ā€œwrongā€ DE
Such enlightenment. It just works.

2 Likes

my back wall is literallyā€¦ lets see 10 feet behind me trust me, i can hear it all
besides angling the audio doesnā€™t matter considering that i have a center speaker lol

I work for 15 minutes and get close enough to native

1 Like

Iā€™m far too lazy for the linux life

4 Likes

I forgot Mr. Keyboard lives in a mansion :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I forgot about that. nvm then.

3 Likes

this ^^^
also why do extra work making something that looks pretty but canā€™t do half the things i want, when windows is fine for most things and games well out of the box.

oh and the only time I use linux is on laptops because I canā€™t game that well on them anyway so the linux games that work on them natively are all the laptops can run anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Just putting this out there but why not both? you have an 1800x, large collection of GPUs and literally all hardware you need to run Windows in a VM that is damn near native performance with PCIe passthrough.

1 Like

i dont give enough of a shit to run VMs lol
and even if i did, it would be windows as the host OS. never linux because ryzen is a pain in the ass to do linux passthrough on, which i have no urge to do anyway.
And I have no urge to set up any dedicated machines to do linux, because I use them all for testing games and streaming. Which the defacto standard for is Windows.

I personally have no interest in running linux as a daily unless it can completely replace windows, with the same or close to the same ease of use and game support.
So, basically, never.

Unless something really unusual happens (which is unlikely, like vulkan taking over, or microsoft being terrible, etc)

:thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™d argue that ryzen is easy todo pcie passthrough and on Linux in general especially now but I see your point and wonā€™t push it further.

currently they are annoying, but microsoft is ā€¦ nowhere near google, so ā€¦ not that bad
bad stillā€¦ but itā€™s not like they are going subscription model for windows or some shit lol

MS pissing people off with telemetry, bugged updates, bugged programs, an exclusive game store, etc.
It just piles up until annoying eventually turns into ā€œnot worth the hassleā€.

2 Likes

not that i dont mess with linux or care about it but it will never be my daily unless something unusual happens as i said above lol.
i.e. basically all the laptops i have, have either Ubunut Budgie or Solus
both of which donā€™t like the built in wifi cards on the things but meh, havenā€™t felt like fixing that yet
but iā€™ve used those like 2 times in the past 3 weeks between the three laptops i have where i have been using my desktop basically all of my waking hours at home (when im not eating/other IRL things) so itā€™s not a large amount lol

2 Likes

Gonna look into scripting my bashrc file some :smiley:. Want to have it check for errors and report them to me

1 Like

thats a neat idea, like having it check your filesystems or any hardware issues and report them when you open a new shell?

1 Like

Was thinking of making a script that will check for certain errors like failed systemd units, low space, low memory, etc

1 Like