The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

neat. Fixed it :smiley:

1 Like

neat

At work I was asked if I was going to wear red or black to work on casual friday in support of the Falcons or UGA. I replied: ā€œNo. Iā€™m going to wear my white button up shirt with blue jeans like I do every causal Friday.ā€

1 Like

Update on mining rig:
Janky af for now but is getting there

2 Likes

damn you werenā€™t kidding when you said that thing was HUGE. couldnā€™t tell from the earlier photo.

and will be filled with anywhere between 8-12 GPUs at some point in the near future lol.
only thing will be getting some of the passively cooled Firepros enough cooling to work properly but thats a minor thing
so far 3x RX 480/580s that my dad bought new, and 2x Firepro S9150s, and that GTX 950, and possibly another 5 Firepro S9150s will be going in it.

So ignoring the 950 its an AyyMD space heater then?

mostly? may get some nvidia cards but theres a deal currently for a 5-pack of S9150ā€™s for $1000 sooo yeah

1 Like

also
ooooh

ces is picking up already

CES should be interesting to see what will come out of it. I donā€™t expect anything major but there will be some neat things.

2 Likes

Now that Iā€™m used to the K702 - their sound and their comfortable build - I canā€™t use my M40x anymore. They donā€™t feel comfortable at all to me and the sound is just meh.
And I liked them before I got the K702. I really did and used them for 3-4 years.
But thatā€™s because they were the first ā€œgoodā€ pair of headphones. So I kinda just upgraded from shitty to less shitty. The K702 cured be from ā€œI want bassā€. I donā€™t dislike bass, I just want it to be good now. Not that kind that overshadows the mids and highs. Iā€™ve had headphones that would straight up make the mids and highs lower whenever bass was present.
Also, headphones need to sound good even on lower volume and not suffer from the ā€œthey sound better when you turn the volume upā€. Headphones shouldnā€™t require high volume to sound ā€œfullā€. Just like a car should operate well in all gears and not just show its potential when youā€™re in 5th gear. How often are you going to use the 5th gear in a city when you need to go lots of turns and only short straights? That comparison might be inaccurate (I donā€™t even own a drivers license). Iā€™m also no audio expert, just some weirdo on the interwebz who talks out of his ass cause he thinks he experienced good headphones. I might be completely wrong, just like with the M40x before and the K702 are shit and only something like the HD800 or Z1R or Stax are good. Am I at the top of Mount Stupid or just standing on a pile of rocks at the bottom of the mountain?

edit:
Also: while Iā€™m shitting on the uneducated YT folk that falls for the prettyā€¦yeah, Iā€™m not immune to that either. I mean, look at that sweet Marantz HD-DAC1. That matte black metal and wood sidesā€¦hnng.

Same with nice looking cables. And Iā€™m sure Iā€™d be biased if you put 2 pairs of headphones in front of me to listen to: one that looks like cheap plastic, thin cables, just eww; one that looks like the materials alone are expensive af and not many people could even get a chance of listening to them. Iā€™d be skeptical but also a victim of expectation bias.

1 Like

Ouch, those K712 are exposing bad audio files pretty harshly.
And maybe need the mids burned in a bit.
But thereā€™s quite the difference between them and the K702.

So whats going on peeps?

Found out that QC at AKG/Harman isnā€™t that good. The felt pad between one of the driver and earpad wasnā€™t properly placed and covered the driver partially. Was wondering why the sound was kinda muffled (literally like a blanket over the mic during recording).

Also, discovered today that one of the earpads of the K702 that I just sent back had a small rip. Mustā€™ve been there from the beginning cause I never handled them in a rough way (cause fucking expensive headphones).

And the memory foam earpads on the K712 and also the headband are way better than the ones on the K702.

Whatā€™s going on on your side?

nm. sitting in class bored while trying to make up credits to graduate

Weird system. We had to pass all the year (positive grades, active participation during class, doing all your homework, passing exams, etc) and then the A-levels (lack of better translation). Credits only come into play in university.

here it is different for high school. You are graded on how well your school work is done and some teachers grade for participation. Is the average of all the grades above or at 59.5%? You passed and got some credit. Depending on the class you will get a different type of credit. English, Math, Social Studies, Science, and electives. How many credits will change from school to school

we kinda have A-levels here but its per class and opt-in

The useful kind or the eye-roll kind?

little bit of both.

Us Government, Geography, World history, etc. Those kind of topics

All crammed into one class?
We have them separated.