The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

i dont blame them. its fucking huge

1 Like

Go ITX or go home.

I kinda like mATX or just a full sized ATX

1 Like

ITX has too little expansion, need those extra PCIe slots for all the things.

PCI-E Bifurcation.

2 Likes

but what if i want to install 5 networking cards?

Then you can on an ATX motherboard.

1 Like

Meanwhile I have the monster of a case that is the Corsair HAF XM because reasons?
Damn thing weighs 25lbs empty but has support for all the drives evar and actually has airflow, lol. Unlike most cases now. And dust filters where thereā€™s airflow (even if half arent removable but meh, they are there anyway)

Well I also have some Cybertron PC copy case thats actually not bad but thatā€™s just from a review system I took apart and replaced the crap stock stuff out of so yeah lol.

Also building my own ā€œATXā€ size case soon though so theres that

1 Like

Oh is that all?

(Thatā€™s 33lbs.)

This configuration weighed 72lbs.

2 Likes

I mean the full sized Haf X is 32lbs ā€¦ The XM is 2 inches shorter and somehow ā€œonlyā€ 25lbs lol

Cooler Master?
I remember the HAF being THE case years ago. In PC Hardware magazines it was often used for high-end systems in the ads of system builders (and then one of those roundish NZXT cases that reminds me of those Alienware towers).

And then thereā€™s the Antec 900 which has managed to outlive them all. Came out in 2007 for fucks sake, still a $100 chassis and extremely popular.

1 Like

thats the thing about cases. not much for advancement besides tempered glass and rgb

Yeah not really any advancement just the basic stuff has been added/changed like tool-less install, configurable/controllable fans, expanded front I/O, decreased audio footprint, increased cable routing options, more H20/custom cooling expansion, filtered intake and exhaust, configurable drive bay arrangements, cable/PSU shrouds with integral drive bays.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s the retarded ā€œaestheticsā€ trend.

Yeah thats what I meant lol.
HAF XM
Confused the two big case manufacturers for a second there

To be fair, in that era of cases, the space tank look was very common.

1 Like

No oneĀ® needs more than one PCIe slot.

im using 2 on a laptop so no

technically 3 but im not counting the wifi card

2 Likes

Iā€™m using like three and two of them are for GPUs