Anime Discussion Corner

Got some new manga volumes, mostly for the ongoing series I’m reading, but also 2 completed manga:
Uzumaki
Tomie
(Gyo should be on its way soon)

Already finished Uzumaki yesterday, so maybe I’ll start Tomie today or tomorrow. Need some more uplifting stuff after a whole book of horror and insanity.

1 Like

how about berserk or welcome to the nhk?

lel

Welcome to the NHK is somewhere on my pile of shame. No interest in Berserk, though.
Instead of wasting time doing repetitive tasks (quests) in WoW, maybe I should read more. I usually have a difficult time staying focused when reading but once I’m hooked I could read for hours.

Updated collection and some moving stuff around.

4 Likes

Finished watching Girls’ Last Tour recently. Great show. Ordered all manga volumes afterwards.
It’s quite slow paced, hasn’t that much going on and is pretty gloomy. It left me feeling quite melancholic throughout.
But! All of those things are great. The show is well executed in what it shows you, what the girls know and find out, and what pieces of info you get to speculate with and what actually happens.
There’s a lot to speculate about and very little information provided which reminded me a bit of games like Dark Souls and Hollow Knight, which also only give you small pieces of lore at a time in a world that could fill several books.
When I reached the end of the last episode a lot of the questions I had were kept unanswered. But it didn’t feel unfinished. The whole show made me slow down a bit, appreciate what I have and be more contempt with everything. In that it felt whole.
Usually when a story ends with questions unanswered I feel cheated and want more. Girls’ Last Tour didn’t make me feel like that.

You’re probably annoyed by me repeating “feel, felt, feeling” that often but to me it was an emotional ride.
If you have the chance - and if you liked Made in Abyss - I’d really recommend you watch it. It’s great.

And because Made in Abyss triggers my PTSD from watching it the first time, I decided to watch something else with a similar vibe and ended up with Haibane Renmei , the story of Rakka, an angelic being with wings and a halo, who was reborn from a cocoon into a world that has - so far - also makes me ask a lot of questions but only gives a little information. It’s also gloomy and makes you feel a bit uneasy because it’s an unknown world with different customs and rituals.

1 Like

Move my manga again a while ago.

3 Likes

Been a while since I posted an update. And I believe since I’ve taken those pics a few volumes were added, so it’s not quite up to date.

Currently watching “The Executioner and her Way of Life”.
It’s about a priestess who is an executioner. Her duty is to kill “lost ones”, people summoned from Japan to her world who possess unique powers. But since those tend to get out of control they have to be killed.

Also finished My Hero Academia Season 5, Overlord Season 4 and probably some others but I rarely keep track of them.

Tracking manga is easier since it’s integrated in the Tachiyomi app.
Still looking forward every week to a new chapter of “Please go home, Akutsu-san” which is finally getting an official translation in April 2023 (already pre-ordered).
The setting is fairly simple and the chapters are only a few pages long but I still enjoy the hell out of it.
Delinquent high school girl invited herself over to a class mate and made it her hangout place after school or when she skips school.

1 Like