Philosophical High times with Dje4321

I think a lot of that now has todo with people also not wanting to talk or be open about their feeling too and similarly when somebody is having issues its an expected norm to pass it off because as much easier to ignore and pretend everything is fine or make other excuses about it than dealing with the real issues.

1 Like

I propose that we will never stop discovering stuff. The new things we discover are just the little fisures in our math

1 Like

The thing about being humans is that curiosity is so inherently in our nature that if thereā€™s something to be discoursed you can be damn sure weā€™ll try our best to uncover it even if that road takes us to the very ends of the universe.

1 Like

Ok hear me out. How the fuck would we react to WW2 making it to the space race and japan gets kamikaze missiles. Super quick and easy to build, can do a fairly large payload with impressive accuracy

1 Like

Funny though that was actually a real thing and Japan had kamikaze missiles during WWII. They were mostly used as an offensive weapon against ships and the US fleets quickly realized just how destructive this threat was and increase their defensive perimeter around the fleet to catch them further out before they could hit key targets as they were soo fast and accurate and able to hit with the force of a 2600lb bomb.

Had the war lasted longer and japan able to refine it further a craft like this designed to attack population centers wouldā€™ve been devastating for the allies at a time when accurate guided missiles were but a dream and would likely have accelerated missile defensiveā€™s that intercepted them in flight, however early on i would expect the best we could do was increase the amount of anti-aircraft installations and place them further out of cities and factories to protect key infrastructure similar to how the fleets increased their defensive rings to catch any before they could do major damage but thats all assuming they werenā€™t an ICBM type missile and in that case we wouldā€™ve been fucked with likely very little we could do to stop them before more advance missile defensiveā€™s were designed.

1 Like

I think the next step in our evolutionary timeline is gonna be when we manage to encode all known things. Imagine a system where anything you could ever want to know is available and the more stuff you throw at it, the better it will be at finding it. 6 degrees of separation means the further away you get from the origin, the higher the chance you have of finding what you want.

1 Like

The moment AR takes over is when we are able to design transparent glasses with a display built into them. Imagine walking down the street and having stuff like a stores menu just hoving in front of it. After many generations would could see features like built in night vison goggles and help bring a end to our light polution problem.

1 Like

I just want AR to get to the point where it can be built into my eye glasses seamlessly. I have to wear them anyway and itā€™d be cool being able to just pull up information for stuff Iā€™m working on/doing without having to take out my phone all the time. If Iā€™m lost in a city I can have my own mini map with arrows on the street pointing me towards to my destination with tool tips for street names and such as I go along.

1 Like

You might not need them with AR. It could correct it for you with cameras but probably gonna be way higher quality to just use glass for it XD

1 Like

ye cameras would be cool if they could do stuff like optical zoom or apply different filters. kinda like reactions lenses but with way more control over the picture, though the latency over just straight glass might suck lol

Are you sure weā€™ll start there again? As of now AR and ā€œsmart glassesā€ arenā€™t really a thing for the mainstream masses. So do you think the next time itā€™s being marketed towards them itā€™s still gonna be ā€œglassesā€?
iirc the latest thing was lasers projecting images directly into your eyes. in combination with eye tracking thatā€™s sophisticated enough to let you navigate menus and stuff with your eye movement AND the whole thing small enough to be the same size as regular (sun-)glasses would probably be the breakthrough it takes to get the ball rolling. even if the initial price is high, if thereā€™s an interest and first adopters like with foldable phones and manufacturers keeping at it, improving, fine-tuning, lowering the price, then it could take off for the mainstream.

Job stuff