Tomie
Skeleton Knight from Another World Vol. 4
Laid-back Camp Vol. 9
So I’m A Spider, So What? Vol. 8
The Rising of the Shield hero Vol. 14
Interspecies Reviewers: Ecstacy Days
Interspecies Reviewers Vol. 4

2 Likes

Got new book stands. Ordered 3 pairs and the box came fucked up. One of the pairs had scratches on the edges. Got a refund as Amazon credit and didn’t have to send the scratched ones back. Still expensive af for a bunch of bent and painted metal, but instead of 21€ I now only paid 14€.
Why Amazon credit? It was the only option where I got to keep the book stands. I’m not as keen on ordering from Amazon as I used to be but I’ll still use the credit someday.

2 Likes

$2 in materials (per unit) if your only selling a few hundred lol. those would have been basically free to manufacture at nearly any scale

2 Likes

I ordered them a few years ago. Back then they were under 5€ (same brand, same model, and they were a Plus product), now they’re up to ~7€. Price seems to fluctuate a bit on those.

The most expensive about those is cutting out the individual pieces from big sheets, as in the machine itself. Those cost a lot and you have to factor those in when calculating the price for the finished product… Could be punched with a press or cut with a plasma cutter (or whatever is used for thin metal). And since they’re rectangular the waste material is probably slim to none. The round/de-burr the edges, bend them, paint and done. I assume once the production is set up they’re producing hundreds per day.
The material itself (per sheet) is probably fairly cheap. No idea about the paint.

2 Likes

another cube for the collective

3 Likes

New mouse and mousepad. Decided to splurge a little. Surprisingly saved about $15 by going to walmart instead of ordering online

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Mice/MOBA-Strategy-%26-Action-Mice/HARPOON-RGB-Gaming-Mouse/p/CH-9301011-NA

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Mousepads/Cloth-Textile-Surface-Mousepads/MM300-Anti-Fray-Cloth-Gaming-Mouse-Pad-—-Medium/p/CH-9000106-WW

4 Likes

Grabbed another adc clear studio monitor for my cubes

2 Likes

I cleaned up the display a bit

4 Likes

Update on the mouse. Highly dislike the position of the page up/down buttons. Left grip is curved in a way so that my thumps sits on them constantly. Whenever i go to grab the mouse and press with my thumb, i always press the buttons as they are just standard tac switches

2 Likes

this still gets me on my mouse even after having it a while and you’d think i’d know by now but there’s nothing worse than watching a youtube video and hitting the page back button and it forgetting the point in the video you were at :frowning:

1 Like

a ibook g4 from 2003 the battery and hdd are blown but otherwise works

i will be getting it a msata to 2.5 ide converter and ill max it out
other then that its a near perfect ibook i will clean it up and more pics

2 Likes

100gb ide 1gb ram upgrade later <3

4 Likes

Free rx 570 8gb. Will be using it as my gaming and my 4gb 580 as my stream gpu probably… Or perhaps the other way around. But either way still a nice card.

And installed

2 Likes

Had to order a new phone since im having issues with my current one

upgraded from oneplus one to the oneplus 3. Should be a nice little upgrade and is supported by linageOS 17.1 so could probably flash my old data partition over and keep my stuff

2 Likes

my pixel 3a died this morning (touchscreen is fucked to the point of no repair, or at least not any that I’m willing to do since i hate fixing phones) so i got a deal on an Iphone SE 2020 256gb. I’ll be paying it monthly ($18 a month) to start but then at some point I’ll just buy it outright when i have whatevers left on it to spend. Got the 256gb model and it’ll arrive sometime between this friday and next tuesday. hopefully by the end of this week though so i have a phone in case of whatever.

and it was the best deal i had with AT&T as far as upgrades so thats why i picked it (price to benefit and price to performance wise, for $550 a 256gb phone with topend specs but a slightly smaller battery is pretty nice.)

3 Likes

oh ye, that mouse @TheDiddilyHorror seems decent atleast, has some nice features, like the battery door has magnets instead of the little plastic clip(that usually doesnt break on nicer made things though)

a cool mic prolly wait to take pics of since gotta get a preamp and a wittle stand and stuff

some other rum the cruzan single barrel(is a blend aged again in a single barrel but it says on it atleast)which pretty good

once a case is on it its safe from most damage i recommend still a water resistant case asap

Damn, that sucks. Did you have anything on it you’re unable to get off the storage?
That’s why I usually go with phones that support expendable storage (and periodically move stuff from the onboard storage to the microSD).

I never thought you’d get an Apple device, though.