Post what new thing you acquired recently

Pro tip for phone backups, put this on your phone and desktop, select the backup folders and forget about it. Its a poor man iCloud that is encrypted, peer to peer, requires very little setup and it just works :tm:

https://syncthing.net/

1 Like

was just the best deal as far as an upgrade, and i honestly dont ever connect my phone to anything/use any one ecosystem anyway. basically my whole thing was i cant get a used phone because shipping is terrible and my old phone is so broke its unusable so compared all of the phones i had availible on AT&T… the iphone SE was the best option. and showed up in one day because free overnight shipping.
and no, i couldnt even pull contacts off of the old phone since the touchscreen is so fucked it just randomly decides to to things randomly, but also doesnt register most of my touches on it anymore. it also had a habit of trying to emergency call all the time so the pixel is just sitting off for now :confused:

and ive had apple devices before, a 3gs phone way back (but it was old by the time i used it) and a number of ipods since i used a flip phone until pretty much 2012/2013 so ipods were the way i had music.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll need to look into that.
Not that I have anything important on my phone. The photos are meh and mostly new stuff I bought to post on a forum.
And on my tablet I already save all the manga to the microSD by default.
I’ll need to keep an eye on this Samsung microSD 256GB that’s supposed to be available some time during October for ~30€ (instead of 35-45€+). 128 ain’t enough for my manga hording.

@Cavemanthe0ne
tbh, personally I’d still be hard pressed to buy an iPhone.
I still have an old iPod Touch in a drawer (8GB is nothing nowadays) and I refuse to install iTunes to put music on it. (I could mess around with it and try to make it work with Foobar but still requires some package from iTunes).

But if it works for you and was the best deal your service provider had to offer, then good for you.
Have you thought about getting an unlocked one instead from your provider? Are the $18/m just for the phone or the whole contract?

1 Like

$18/mo for the phone, my plan is the unlimited plan on AT&T which is $85 a month which is kind of a lot but it’s actually unlimited (if it throttles after 2gb which I do hit regularly.
And I can buy the phone out whenever I want so. What I’ll probably end up doing is paying extra into it and then buying it for relatively cheap after doing that for some time.
And I only have iTunes on my phone, I use streaming services for music so don’t have to deal with the annoyance that is iTunes on Windows

1 Like

Leadtek WinFast A350 TDH Ultra. (GeForce FX 5900 Ultra).

In astonishingly good condition. Needs a repaste, hits 80C in just basic tests.

4 Likes

New to me ipod 4th gen 60gb

Its a fat boy

4 Likes

Another g5 for parts works but is modded to use air coolers over liquid cooling

Gonna tear out the coolers and slap em on my quad and watch the house fire start

3 Likes

256GB Samsung Evo Plus (U3) MicroSD for ~25€ (had 7€ credit on Amazon).
Finally double the storage for my tablet but it’s gonna take up to a week until it arrives (I guess dread pirate Bezos has spoiled me with next day delivery).

I’ll need to check if it’s a legit one or counterfeit when it arrives cause apparently counterfeit microSDs are a thing.

2 Likes

Some fuckass stole my vape so I bought a new one

Gay vape lel

Wanna get a skin on screen thats not stock garbo. Trans flag or nitw.

Apparently near impossible to get other skins. Will be taking a crack at that.

Fat boi modding time

i love seeing the 64 i cant wait for the bigger sd cards to arrive

also the reason i went with the 60gb 4th gen is its slightly better then the other 4th gens they needed more ram on the board for shuffle to work with that many songs so its good for 256gb at best

3 Likes

Mothers streaming box went end-of-life so I got her a Roku on recommendation from Dje as a replacement.

2 Likes

Was shopping at walmart and one of these caught my eye. Decided to pick it up and enjoying it so far

2 Likes

not sure if its this exactly the one but my brother has one of these that looks almost identical and my god is it comfy as fuck.

1 Like

Its what i tend to reccomend to everyone. They have been going strong since 2008 and have a amazing track record with support and just being a decent device overall. Plus if your smart and install screen mirroring stuff before EOL, you can use it til the end of time. First gen roku device had been supported for around 5-7 years.

From what this article sounds, roku devices from 2011 and beyond are still being supported

1 Like

ye she really loves it going from other devices she’s used before. its fast, got an intuitive interface and has all her channels in one place, plus this newer model actually has a screen sharing function built into the OS its self so no need for an external app so it should always just work.

1 Like

MiCity 3.5mm to mini-XLR cable 2m for my AKG K712 Pro (cause the orange one that came with it is too long, the coiled one is too heavy and the 1.2m one I bought a few years ago is too short).

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle Vol. 1-14

Rote Lippen, Sadisterotica
(just a heads-up: it’s not what it looks like. at least the synopsis on the back says it’s about a female private investigator duo and them having to find a missing model, and there’s some creepy artist)

Adrenochrome

Die drei ??? - O du finstere

3 Likes

I got one of these cables (no sure if same brand but it looks the same) for my AKG K240 MKIIs two years ago and while the braided cable has frayed there still going strong now.

1 Like

The 1.2m one I have is from the same brand and the cloth braid is so fucking smooth.
Meanwhile, the braid on my HD598sr cable (3rd party, got it cause I thought I lost the long one that came in the box) is stiff af and reminds me of the sleeves on PSU cables. It’s sturdy, but tends to memorize the bends.

1 Like

punks cant just use a din like everyone else >.>

even if they use a standard like 3.5mm there’s a chance they pull some shit like pushing the connector too deep into the headphone for any normal 3.5mm cable to reach cause the connector ain’t long enough.

I mean, there’s already too many standards for jacks. 2.5, 3.5, 4.4, 6.25, then the number of rings, etc. and then you have to hope there’s a 3rd party cable for your headphones so you can use them with some specific piece of audio gear (balanced, unbalanced, and whatever else shit there is).

1 Like