Post what new thing you acquired recently

They haven’t arrived yet cause I just ordered them a few minutes ago, but I’m stocked for those tube scarfs.

I really hope they’re more convenient than masks.

I also ordered more foam ear tips cause the ones I bought from Linsoul that look exactly like the good ones that came with the Tin T2, are smaller.
Now I found some that also look the same but are larger and they fit. Got them in red so now that I know they fit better I ordered blue ones too (red -> right, blue -> left).

I also got some more Drei Fragezeichen CDs (some have arrived, some will take some time).
After they all arrived I’ll only need 28 to be up to date with my collection (out of 207 available numbered CDs). Then some special episodes but those might be harder to get.
And I’ll definitely need to think about where to put them.

edit: the blue tips arrived today.

2 Likes

I spare you the pile of Drei Fragezeichen CDs. But now I’m only missing 16 regular episodes and I have all of the “special” episodes except for the 3 CDs that are just the books read by each of the 3 main voice actors (so it’s actually an audio book instead of an audio drama).

Ordered some knives. The one I have is getting dull and because it’s some weird extra fine serrated blade (with extra serration on top of the other serration) it’s basically impossible for me to sharpen it. So I got a set of 6 new ones.
RÖR snack knives # 10127

1 Like

RAVPower 65W 4-Port Desktop Power Delivery GaN Charger

My only charger for multiple devices is several years old. I don’t think it supports any QC standards or has any safety stuff built in.

JSAUX USB C to USB C cables 3 Pack 1M+2M+3M

My only (again) USB C to C cable is the one that came with my RP2 and it’s not exactly great. Wanted some for the new charger. I prefer slow charging but if I’m ever in a hurry and need my phone or tablet charged asap this combo will be fine.

And christmas deco for my grandma (the one she currently has has been retired by me cause it uses tiny regular bulbs that get hot enough to turn the leave of a house plant black (guess how I know). The new one has LEDs, so there shouldn’t be a heat issue.

2 Likes

happy with this ebay snipe
serials match!

3 Likes

New thing to mess with, first Pi I’ve had since the zero (it’s a 3 b+)

4 Likes

I can’t remember if it was my 2b or 3b+ but be extra careful with the micro sd card slot on those. Its very fragile especially the release spring and mine came clean off so I’m unable to use it with sd cards anymore.

1 Like

im just going to use one of my 32gb usb drives probably for now. might pick up an SD card at some point but i seem to have misplaced the couple i had around lol

2 Likes

I have a pi in the living room for my mum to play emus of nes snes games she played in college

1 Like

grabbed some tetris games for gifts this xmas!
AHHH this one is still sealed UGH i want it myself now…

4 Likes

PS1 games in regular CD cases look so strange to me. Here they came in extra thicc cases.

3 Likes

they were always the thin crystal ones for me. Only ones that were really thick were the ones that used multiple disks

2 Likes

Yeah we had those too like with some Final Fantasy titles, but those were just regular jewel cases for multiple discs.

Sometimes they came with manual booklets in several languages (French, Italian, Spanish, German, etc), so maybe that’s why they were so thick? Cause those booklets were nothing to sneeze at. And sometimes they had a disc on each side and the manual in the middle.
But afaik you can’t just buy empty cases if you need new ones like with regular CD cases. That’s annoying af.

2 Likes

ye this was almost certainly the reason why. even in the UK we had the huge cases and booklets took up like 90% of the space in the cases as they were.

1 Like

Its the land of the internet. You can buy anything mate
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=cd+jewel+cases&_sacat=0

2 Likes

Yeah but I meant compared to regular stores. Same with PS2 cases that had the extra compartment for the memory card.

There are also different styles of Bluray cases (the thin ones and the thicker ones). And even the thin ones come in different varieties, like the extra light ones that have part of the shell removed so they’re lighter and use less plastic.
And I’m not sure if you were ever able to walk into a store and buy a 5/10/etc pack of XBox/HD-DVD cases.

You could occasionally find them here at big box stores but mostly were the crappy paper ones

Full-size cases or just the paper sleeves for 1 disc?

jewel cases and the paper sleeves. Was right next to the big locking organizers

1 Like

Yeah, those were never an issue to get. They were in the same aisle as the CD/DVD blanks.
Also regular DVD cases.
But any case for any console/handheld media was hard to find in stores. Especially if you wanted the original logo on it.

the tall boy cases i have some of those

nice heart of darkness

japan ps1 cases were bleh in design imo

near no consistency in the case design colour and logo placement

1 Like