Post what new thing you acquired recently

lmao i love space balls

too good of shit movie

2 Likes

I got some Malt Vinegar for the next time I eat battered fish.
You can’t buy it here regularly in stores.
Got a bottle (plastic, not glass) several years ago from a British import store but it was long expired. Only (fast) alternative was Amazon (and both bottles arrived undamaged!!!).

3 Likes

Went on a bit of a shopping spree and picked up a few things. Probably overspent and broke the budget a little though

(New Monitor)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-s2421h-24-ips-led-fhd-amd-freesync-vesa-monitor-hdmi-silver/6432815.p?skuId=6432815

(New Keyboard)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-k70-rgb-mk-2-low-profile-rapidfire-wired-gaming-mechanical-cherry-mx-speed-switch-keyboard-with-rgb-back-lighting-black/6298657.p?skuId=6298657

2 Likes

While not being THE flagship killer, rather joined them, OnePlus does have its appeal.
But like so many others they would be even better with a friggin’ microSD slot!!!

And I hate Bestbuy’s links. Geoblocking cunts.

I have the K95, it’s pretty solid so the K70 must be just as good. Never thought you’d go for linear switches, more like Blue or something tactile.

And my own Dell monitor is still going strong after 6+ years. Good choice!

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue with geoblocking with Bestbuy, though its a nightmware to buy anything on it. Once tried to buy a game code and it took them like 12 hours to then cancal it, though I evenutally just bought it at Target and they never charged me for it at all lol

1 Like

Im not a fan of them at all. Keep accidently hitting keys and its pissing me off. Will probably do a refund/exchange. Kinda broke the bang with this keyboard as it was more expensive than my display

1 Like

I bought it mostly because oneplus phones are easy to repair and i wanted a semi decent phone to treat myself with. Lets hope i dont fuck it like my other ones as this one might be alot harder to fix with the underscreen fingerprint reader

1 Like

If you want something more in the middle I’d recommend browns, I can’t type for shit on my brothers with mx speeds but browns are just about right for me and great for typing and long programming sessions. I generally write faster and make way less mistakes with it than my old keyboard.

though if I ever got a new keyboard i’d reallywant to get one of these, though I’m not sure everyone else around me would be happy about that.

https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/NEW_M

This is so fucking weird. Before I could click on the US flag all I want and it would only bring me back to the same page. Now it worked first try. I haven’t changed anything and NoScript was set the same before too.

The K95 is even more expensive. And it only has the (useless) macro key row on the left.
(didn’t pay full price, tough, cause it was on sale for like 60€ off at that time)
At least they seem more sturdy than the plastic-y Strafe.

Wait, isn’t that the one where there’s some burn-in going on after ~6 months or so?
I think I read something like that somewhere. I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Yeah no thanks. While i do love this keyboard. I dont want to be spending more money on it

Wont matter by then. Will be in a good spot to replace it as i got another promotion at work

2 Likes

Yeah, especially for something with such bloated software as Corsair iCue.

Why the hell does it need to be that large?

And I wouldn’t have got the K95 if it wasn’t on sale. No way.

Fuck yeah!

That’s simple its using Electron :rofl:

I have no idea what that is but I assume it’s something inefficient.

1 Like

its what Discord and a lot of other app use, its build primarily with html, css and javascript and other web techniolgies and has a ton of bloat mostly because of nodejs modules and shit.

2 Likes

Dont forget runs like shit

2 Likes

gee I wonder why XD

2 Likes

also wasnt just linear was the liner with shorter travel 1.2mm instead of 2mm?(for the activation)

MX speeds are reds which are already light and the speed part means they have only 1.2 instead of 2mm actuation distance so basically they are the easiest by far to mistype on

1 Like

I had the MX Silent before on my Strafe. I prefer the tactile bump of the MX Brown.

1 Like

Im a lover of mx blacks or re legendable keys on cherry spos keyboards

1 Like