Post what new thing you acquired recently

The 3b+? I don’t believe their was a model of the Pi 3 with more than 1GB of memory but I could be wrong on that?

According to the spec sheet only 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM.

1 Like

ye from what I thought Pi 3B+ was only in 1GB LPDDR2 and the 4 is either, 1, 2, 4, or 8GBs of LPDDR4

1 Like

8gigs on that small thing?
my last pc had that much ram.
and the new rog phone 5 has even more ram than my current one.
this shit is getting weird.

1 Like

ye your paying for it though, the 8GB one here is like £73 but would would make an awesome little desktop or server with that much.

Damn, Brexit is showing. Costs about the same number in € here.

yep iirc there manufactured by Sony in Wales and sadly importing anything to Europe right now is super expensive and time consuming

1 Like

Ahhhhh its a pi like not a rpi it self i got it a whileeeeeee ago had to check my purchase history

My bad

1 Like

ordered the case and some fans and stuff

also this if it ever shows up

but same name has an amazon store had bought stuff from before/same type of stuff on their site, random fan grills and filters and stuff, plus had paypal on ghetto old timey site, so can just rage if they dont send/refund

First new apple product ive ever bought

Im just hype for non x86-64 and risc based computing

16gb ram 512gb ssd m1 mac mini

Any testing yall want done ?

1 Like

the big little arch can die in a fire tho lol

i mean if they had 1-2 cores of the low power ones sure theres a point maybe, but you talking like an i7 8 core with 4 i7 cores and 4 atom cores

if you are using 4 cores/50%cpu you arent at idle/doing nothing where you just need something to keep everything going at as low of power use as possible

1 Like

I got me a kalimba (hand can piano) i know a few songs already but i was bored and wanted something to pass the time i use to tune guitar by ear i hope i got c tuned right

2 Likes

hype i will install ubuntu onto a external ssd as its currently one of the few that can work

it feels stupid smooth
the migration was near seamless from my mac pro to the mini

i will begin testing and playing with the mini

2 Likes

Got a 1950s defense contractor geiger counter cause i wanted one!

I also just got in the mail

Really clean working gen one sound sticks for my g4 cube and early mac collection

They sound really good

External hdd for my old firewire macs acquired
It has soooo much on it

I love this graphite aesthetic and colour

Alot of os9 apps no one wiped it!

I will back it up IT HAS ALL OF XFILES TO 2007

3 Likes

The new build continues. I just need 3 more of these, the cpu cooler, and these mythical devices called graphics cards,

4 Likes

just had 10 redux ones show up other day 7 140s 3 120s, bunch of random shiz, filters, splitters and stuff

2 Likes

Cooler acquired

4 Likes

Mac mini g4 for collection

got this for fiance for their elite dangerous they saw a reddit post and thought it would be cool

3 Likes

More fans!

2 Likes

danm, You must really be a big fan of their Chromax line.

1 Like