Post what new thing you acquired recently

I now really really want to know what the FUN button does.

1 Like

My ryzen system has a ps2 port time to find out!

gotta love installing wing 98 drivers on windos 10

it failed to install drivers to acess the midi keyboard so i will attempt in linux and there is a opensource driver

1 Like

yo dawg …

It opens to a basic midi keyboard software that comes on the install disc

Does not work on usb ps2 adapters and combo ports needs a dedicated ps2 keyboard 6 pin slot

The driver is clunky in windos

The keyboard works fine in a liveusb of ubuntu and setting up the midi input was a breeze

I do not recommend the product or the second gen as it requires stupid keyboard only ps2 ports other then linux the 3rd gen is usb and works on everything i might grab one to mess around

1 Like

So in other words the FUN button was a LIE!

1 Like

Got another Thunderbolt Display for my mac mini cause the lcd died on my old one i plan on getting that fixed

Lovely screen more for my collection reasons and my addiction to thunderbolt and firewire

Fiancé got this after frying the hdmi port on my m1 (apple set me a appointment to come in and get my mini replaced
Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.26.10 PM

THE main reason i need this screen is it adds firewire 800 on the screens hub this allows me to network all my old macs

sadly ten4fox is eol which removes a modern browser from osx 10.4 and back because of t4f ending life and cassila the os9 -7 modern browser depends on ten4fox which makes it eol as well making linux/unix/bsd the only option for a modern browser on apple powerpc or clones
you could have a interpreter or something to convert the html

but now i have a project in mind to network all my machines as network resources in a home lab distributed computing grid with a terminal to access everything its going to be a pain but its time to use all my trash as one thing and ruin my power bill

2 Likes

Got a reference 480 8gb and a white 1060 6gb in a trade

4 Likes

for the 3080?

For a 2070 super, I also got a fair amount of cash in exchange

2 Likes

okie lol

collecting random cards?

the owc 1.3ghz g4 cpu upgrade arrived i will wait to have pics cause a cube upgrade post is incoming <3 my fiance got me the cube vrm upgrade from stratos waiting for shipping from japan

the terminal g4 cube project is a go! with the cpu upgrade and the vrm i can install actual modern linux 500mhz too slow for a de but i will attempt a plan9 install going and kill myself over setting up resource networked grid computing

2 Likes

Mostly that, but also they make a little more than the 2070 super in mining.

My gpu collection currently contains a 7800gtx, 8800gtx, R9 280x, R9 390, X1900 XT, the RX 480 & GTX 1060, and of course the RTX 3080

somethin atleast i guess

3x Arctic F12
1x Arctic F14
WD Elements 8TB
XBox Series X Controller (Electric Volt)

One of my case fans occasionally rattles for a few minutes after I turn on my PC. Wanted some cheap (but said to be good) spare ones.

The ext drive is just in case this new storage-based crypto currency takes off and hdds/ssds are gonna go the same route as GPUs.
Also, you can never have too much storage.

Replacement controller cause my current one occasionally doesn’t register the A, B, X, Y button presses and the right analog stick doesn’t move smoothly in the left half (vertically). This “Electric Volt” is the only color Amazon had in stock, or rather available for pre-order. Other places have them but almost all of them sell them for a higher price, ship them way too late or I had shitty experiences with.
The color is growing on me.

Also a bunch of manga that I won’t bother you with too much.
That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime 1-15 (16 pre-ordered).
Goblin Slayer LN Vol.11

1 Like

Do you know if WD are still selling those elements enclosures with CMR drives or have they moved them all to SMR based drives? I’ve been looking at them in the past and wouldn’t mind grabbing one of those 8TBs for my server if they ever go on fire sale again.

afair the 8tb+ models were never affected.

I’m only using that one for backups, so I’m not that concerned.

1 Like

supposedly is a different firmware/slowed down ultrastar mayb

without warranty and such obv

least for older ones, switched to some other ones for different size(non helium models) for 10

but prob no way to know til you got one and it showed up, since no idea how long been in warehouse whatever

Ordered one of those thermos cups. Not a Yeti or Ozark or Beast or whatever. They’re either not available here on Amazon or don’t ship to my country or are overpriced (imo). So I went with a cheap brand that’s only half to 2/3 of the price.

30oz / 850ml

While I still like my 750ml Stanley bottle (and it does actually keep the water in it cold for quite a while), it’s annoying to always refill the tiny cup. I also observed that I drink a lot more when it’s a fountain drink cup with a straw, so hopefully this helps me stay more hydrated.

1 Like

didn’t want one of those fancy 40OZ Pink bottles from lttstore.com?

1 Like

Nah. I like that those are wide-mouth too but I just wanted something for my desk and not for taking with me.
Insulated bottles are bulkier than something like the Sigg metal bottles (which I have 3 of - 2 “regular” size ones and a big one that has a removable top so it’s easier to fill) which means they’re larger while holding the same amount of liquid. So 40oz (or I think 1.18L) would be too big. And it doesn’t have a small hole for a straw.
Plus…$30 and that’s without shipping and customs fee.

The one I ordered is only ~18€ compared to the ~30€ name-brand ones. Then only downside is that it doesn’t have a handle. There are some but people say contradicting things in the reviews (some say it fits the standard rambler/tumbler sizes, others say it doesn’t).

I’m almost positive you were just joking but it’s past 5am and my brain is about to go into sleep mode.

1 Like

still wanna get one of the yuge meme gas station cups
bigsipextra