Post what new thing you acquired recently

Set up the HP Z440 i got last week after waiting on the 4x4gb ECC Reg ram to arrive. tried my rx 460 in it… and it has artifacting. oh well, threw in one of the 9800 GTs that I have that doesn’t need a 6-pin as sadly the z440 has the low wattage PSU so it doesn’t have extra PCIE or anything. But not bad for a $50 pickup plus the $40 for the ram.

also a surprisingly great condition Foam and Foil AT&T terminal keyboard.

also, a beat to hell video production keyboard of some sort with a massive amount of cherry MX blacks on it. might? do something with it but probably will just sell it to someone who wants a lot of vintage MX blacks lol

1 Like

Got a whole bunch of stuff for $100, AGP 9600 XT gpu, couple of Intel boards, one SDRAM and one DDR with AGP Pro, a Hitek mechanical keyboard, i5 2300, some older c2ds, a Xeon 1225v5 (basically i7 7700) along with a q170 board in decent shape. Also some HP board that is similar age. Some various adapters, LSI scsi card, Silicon Image Sata controller on PCI 64 bit, an ide to sata PCB adapter. Also a random Phenom II and Athlon II. The phenom is a 955.

1 Like

all i got was a 64 x2 and like 4gb of ram since the mobo had some venting caps lol

got a stock gtx 580 for $40 and then threw on my random Acc IV cooler on it, and it actually clocks like a beast. Need to get another 1000watt PSU to drive the thing when OCed though as it eats 300+ watts when pushed past 1ghz, lol

1 Like

ordered extreme OC gear today, because I checked with the Liquid Nitrogen supplier locally and renting a 20L dewar is $1-2 a day and 20L is around $60 (for OC, 1-1.5L per hour is normal use unless it’s HEDT platforms). so got the Kingpin pot and a testbench, and some thermal paste as I needed some anyway. also, got an 8350K since I got a Maximus X Apex for $100, as well as a 9940X Eng Sample for $60. Will post about it when it all arrives but the Extreme OC gear:
woooooot

really excited to get into extreme OC again though.

1 Like

ye pretty cheap if you just rent it when you would go to fill it up, more run around i guess to bring it back though

gonna get whatever stuff to coat/insulate mobos locally?

yeah, dielectric grease and foam/shop towels can get locally from a variety of shops here. will probably use the dielectric for ram and then possibly? intel CPU socket, AMD not a huge issue as each pin is fairly insulated from the board itself with the plastic etc.
mainly going to do ln2 on the 8350k/apex and on my old Sabertooth 990FX R3 with the 8370 I have, as I could chase the world record. not that I’m expecting to hit 7+ ghz but should be fun to try at least. and can push phenom II/etc CPUs to the max on that board as well as particularly phenom CPUs are cheap and worth a lot of points on HWBOT for high scores.

Ghost - Impera

The Maximus X Apex arrived in great shape actually. And with all the original stuff. Monday or Tuesday when the 8350k arrives I’ll play around with it more but still

1 Like

Spent so much money but well, now I have a 5800X, Aorus X570 Elite, and a proper cooler (nzxt x53 rgb) and a new 850w Seasonic Gold psu. And some 240gb ssds, as they were $30 a pop. And got the LN2 gear in so will be doing that… soon ish probably with my Sabertooth 990fx r3. That or my X370 titanium. Either way though.

1 Like

no 3d? lol

forgot to post this, arrived and it’s a UNIT. will show it set up with the … well, torn between the fx 8370 or the i3 8350K to LN2 first but either way:

And the bench table works well, have to find some mounting thumbnuts or something for it but with how often I change OC setups it’s whatever.

1 Like

Gigabyte Gaming OC RX 6600 XT. and it clocks to 2800mhz, neat.

now able to run Cyberpunk 2077 at ultra (no RT/DLSS) at 1080p 60-90FPS, also have resizable bar and smart access memory enabled.

1 Like

Sheeply Horned Witch Romi Vol.1

1 Like

parts for the custom water loop, arrived yesterday and now have them up and running:
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 240mm Radiator
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow 120mm Radiator
Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Barrowch 150mm BoxFish PWM D5 Pump Reservoir Combo
DimasTech® 1000ml X-Fluid - Red

(and a bunch of fittings, etc, went for 1/2"x3/4" flexible tubing.)

the D5 pump is impressive, lol. 1100L/hr. Fairly quiet for a D5 as well.

1 Like

Ghost in the Shell 1.0 and 2 Double Feature (BluRay, UK Import)

I still don’t understand why anime is only sold with German and Japanese audio tracks here. So when I want the English audio I have to get the UK version (which is often more expensive and not as available). Got a good deal on this one, though.

2 Likes

germany first? idk XD that sucks though

least those are the best 2 movies too

Got a bunch of old PCI/AGP cards and a pentium 120mhz system, including an intel i740 which should be amusing to see if it can do… anything.

Will post some pics of the pentium 120 later as it’s an odd system that’s AT based with edo? Iirc memory so it only has 48mb and I’ll have to figure out some kind of storage solution for. But it has pci so that’s part of why I got the lot of pci cards.

1 Like

I got an 3900x as an upgrade from my 1700

2 Likes

Also got two EVGA Epower V cards, for voltmodding GPUs for LN2/etc. normally they are $250 but evga had a clear out sale so they were only $40 each. Each card is 12+2 phase vrm with 2 phase for memory, and can supply up to 1000w (from .6-2v at up to 600 amps for core and .6-2v at up to 80amps for memory)

Probably will do my gtx 580 first as it is already 1ghz capable stock so should be a good card for it. Will have to remove a ton of stuff on it to add the epower so should be… interesting

1 Like