Post what new thing you acquired recently

That’s a really nice upgrade. What made you pull the trigger? And are you upgrading the mobo too?

Rammstein - Zeit

1 Like

I found a good deal on it 2nd hand on ebay and thought why not, right now I’m using my old motherboard. it supports all the way up to Ryzen 5000 CPUs with BIOS updates though it has been a little temperamental getting it to work properly with this CPU but I’ve mostly fixed the issues with it other than it not boosting past 4.2GHz when its surposed todo 4.6GHz

1 Like

Is PBO enabled in Ryzen Master?

Not sure I’m using Linux but I’ve tried it with PDO both enabled/disabled in the BIOS settings

atleast originally the precision boost(the over drive is different thing, the stock zen2 and later boost that takes into account more temps/power limits and stuff then the older xfr) was not supported on older gen 1 boards with like x370 or lower chipsets

whether or not its possible/was just a bios update could make it work on other boards of actually needed the new chipsets no idea, but if it does work probably varies depending on board/bios the actual end behavior being not a launch feature/required function of the board afterall

but still doin like 4.15/4.2 usually some are 2 some are 15 bouncing back and forth on like handbrake loads, on all core with my 3950x at stock lol(which is way higher than the supposed 3.6 base clock)

edits: looked a little more found the thing i think

These steps are important because Precision Boost 2 is dependent on several factors including, but not limited to:

Processor temperature
Type of workload
Number of active cores
Power consumption (watts) from the processor socket
Current draw (amps) from the motherboard power delivery circuits
Proper firmware and software configuration
Operating system optimizations
Maximum boost frequency limit (product specification)

not sure how its getting the socket/cpu power, but the motherboard power and stuff wouldn’t be surprised if that might require a motherboard revision/chipset maybe, but says chipset drivers need to be updated and stuff although they always say that anyways for pretty much everything

Gtx 680 4gb Classified for $100 when they avg for $150-300

Fairly good clocker but not insane, mainly due to drivers being wonky

Also picked up a Lenovo RD650, dual 2620v3 and 128gb ddr4 with 18tb hdd+1tb ssd storage for $100.

Need to redo thermal paste and set it up as a basic install of something but it does work and everything.

1 Like

ye cheap ass rams and the ssd* makes that thing def a buy

1 Like

5-pack of Arctic F12 fans.

One of my 3 front intake fans has started to rattle when I first boot up my PC (the rattling goes away after a couple min but still, not a good sign).
Why a 5-pack? Because it’s cheaper than getting them individually and also only ~2€ more than the 3-pack. Always nice to have spare fans…unless I really need static pressure ones for the front intake because of the drive bays in the way.
Got the case in 2017 and one fan has already been replaced by NZXT due to one of the fan blades just breaking off while spinning, and the rear exhaust fan is now a F12 instead of the 140mm it came with cause that one rattled too and the F14 didn’t fit cause it’s 1mm too wide.
So now I’m planning to replace all front intake fans at the same time cause they’re behind 4 drive bays and that’s a pain in the ass to deal with (2 of the drives have kapton tape on a pin because of the 3.3V issue and if that comes off it’s very finicky to get on again).
That will also be the time I clean my PC again and also install this…

Cooler Master ELV8 GPU holder

One of the screws of the PCIe bracket on the case is stripped so it won’t tighten properly anymore. Having some support for the GPU ain’t a bad idea in general, though.

1 Like

Dual pentium III board, going to play with it a bit and sell it. Has 2Gb of ram though 2 sticks of it are having issues. Still a lot for the time though even at 1gb

1 Like

had one with 2 or maybe 4gb lol was the dual p3 xeon slot thingie took apart cause board was toast, some weird ass 550mhz but like 2 or 4mb of cache

Was gifted a k8n Neo4 platinum AND IT WORKS! Finally have an overclockable ddr1 system, lol. Also the auto OC settings are amusing

1 Like

Bunch of randomness; Raidmax Smilodon case which I then put the above K8/3800+ system into. It had a 64 x2 5000+ am2 system in it but used that for an OC competition.

Sony PS3 3D TV, now connected to above system (until I get a Vesa mount or a stand so I can actually use it)

Also a gigabyte LGA 775 motherboard that can actually do pretty good overclocking; max of around 480-490 baseclock so got an e7500 to 4.63 ghz on AIO cooling.

Also got a Toshiba Portege 445… something laptop with an original Pentium and then some HP sff desktop with 7thgen i5. Will probably sell the HP and not sure with the portege; it also has the external floppy add on.

2 Likes

we need to make side panel fans great again lol

edit: maybe if we go back to clear fans with no leds, you can see the rgb inside the case pretty good while they spin since would be pretty good seethru then

Got a Vega 64, swapped it with my 6600xt which went into my dads gaming rig. Mostly did it because I wanted to do some benches and see how Vega XT (aka the fully unlocked liquid cooled model) handles games and such and pretty impressed with it. So far have only let it do +40% power limit (can regedit up to 242%) and it boosts to 1850mhz and avgs 1790mhz in games. About 25% slower than the 6600XT but it doesn’t have nerfed/broken OpenCL encoding so can actually do opencl based tests and run linux without trickery now

1 Like

Herzeleid (XXV Anniversary Edition - Remastered)

Sehnsucht (Digipak)

Mutter (Digipak)

Rosenrot

Dicke Titten (CD Single)

2 Likes

ye mine worked pretty good besides the weird compatibility w.e. thing, where like post time was real long and stuff

never was loud or nothin, runnin shiz like max 4k, was doin like 1650-1700 all the time stock idk

Got a few things recently.

Micro Scooter Black 200mm

Since I’m taking a Business English course (B2) and have some (or rather had) to walk a while to catch a train that only runs twice per hour. Add a heatwave to it and walking for a while becomes less pleasant.

Well, luck wasn’t on my side cause:
a) it took a while to get one without any issues (wheel wobble, shitty paint jobs) and then I damaged it on the first day (slipped on a curb and bent the rear brake/fender. Then it took the shop 3 weeks to repair it (they were closed 1 week for renovations but only posted about that on facebook).
b) right after deciding to buy the scooter the train company decided to close my station for 4 weeks for “modernization” (they dismantled the whole platform and ramps). Which means I now have to get to the station before mine and get off one stop after my destination, then take the subway back and a bus. Not a huge detour. Takes a bit longer. But the trains on that rail line are often late. Rarely cancelled but it happens.

Then I FINALLY replaced my very, very old HP ink gobbler with a Brother MFC-L2710DW.

Setting it up was straight forward. Only have it hooked up via USB (which wasn’t included with the printer, actually no cable except the power chord was included) but eventually I want to connect with to my modem so I could print from my PC too.

But…wouldn’t be a purchase of mine without any issues.
Initially I ordered a smaller model without a document feeder but on the way from an Amazon warehouse in Spain (via Italy) to the local post office the package apparently got damaged so bad that Austrian Post decided to put it aside for inspection. Then it arrived a week late (after 5 days of no further status updates and requesting a refund). The GLS - really just being GLS - didn’t deliver the package (yes, I was home) and just took it to some package shop (small hole in the wall grocer) and no, not the nearest one.
Fortunately, so far it seems to work. Haven’t tested all functions yet but at least I know it prints.

3 Likes

these to replace the sticks in the steamdeck when I can finally get one so I never have to deal with the joysticks drifting

1 Like

I hope I’m not jinxing it by posting about it before I got it.

LG 27GN850 - 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS

Why? Cause my current main monitor (Dell U2414H, 24" 1080p 60Hz IPS) has backlight issues where some spots have trouble lighting up. Started a couple days ago and has only been getting worse in “fixing itself” (turning it off and on a couple times usually does it but it takes longer since it started).

And with this I’m also going to buy a new GPU. A bit torn between a 6700XT and 6750XT. 3070 ain’t no option with those prices. Although all GPU prices are still higher than in the US.

Ordered a MSI 6700 XT Mech 2X cause stock was going down and both availability and pricing seem a bit unstable here.

Both the new monitor and the GPU should arrive on Saturday.

2 Likes

I have the 32" version of this exact monitor and its been great so far (it has 16871 hours of power on). my only advice is when you first get it change the “Game Mode” from “HDR Effect” to “sRGB” so you can get a clean output instead of the horribliy vivid blown out HDR filter it uses by default.

1 Like