The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Yes I did. The fact is even the apps you use on there also collect data: what you watch, do you interact with the ads that are interactive on the Roku [I don’t].
This collection of data can lead to better curation when it comes to recommendation like: Netflix and Amazon.

I can understand why people have an issue with this collection of data.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not some shocking news that electronics with access to the internet are collecting private data.
And we’d give up a lots of conveniences by not using them.
But: we don’t have to actively support those data hording companies.

Written on a PC running Windows 10

oh, the irony

5 Likes

So its for that terrible stuff that doesnt work anyway so I ignore it? K.
Lol.
(The ads I mean, I like the roku itself)

1 Like

In other news. I may have a hardware collection problem… Then again, the issue may have more to do with living in a single bedroom and trying to fit all my stuff in it; but still

Will be cleaning later.
Oh also. That brand new fallout mask I’ll be giving away on stream tomorrow, 3-5PM CST. If anyone shows up that is LuL. But I already have one so the extra one is easy to ship and all that so.
Also @dje4321 I’ll be running it through the Streamlabs extension so if you still havent figured that out probably a good idea

1 Like

Finished the outline for the epic.
Finished the outline for Sam’s Wasteland Within 2nd arc/end of book. 6 chapters. I don’t know how long each chapter will be. They’ll be as long as they need to be.
Started the outline for the noir detective story.
Been pretty productive.
I’ll start writing the 2nd arc tomorrow after work. Now that I have an outline to follow it will make it better.

3 Likes

As promised 2nd set of film recommendations post is up. Now to bed.

3 Likes

I’m at like 40 percent my best…
Somehow I still got my work done. I don’t know how. Automated somewhat. I’m like a machine at work, I know what I’m doing to the nth degree and I can change when it is asked for to focus on something else.

I’m not sure how much writing I’ll get done on Sam’s Wasteland Within but I’ll make an attempt. Not going to force it though.

Did you know Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond, also created Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? That is a fun film to watch.

I can probably get away with playing Warframe from my bed… praise the wireless controller range and 27 inch monitor.

This house has no waffles I should fix that but not today. No definitely not today.

end rambling.

1 Like

News about Timesplitters:

It isn’t coming back soon but THQ Nordic will do something with it.

the newer tomb raider will have new game plus a real one:

Okay I should stop digging into game news.

1 Like

Sooo I guess this Core 2 Extreme I got is also an ES chip, lol. Nice. Also pic for reasons.

Now I just have to find an old LGA 775 backplate or an old cooler so I can use an aftermarket cooler and not the shit stock one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Actually the copper-slug Core 2 95W cooler kicks ass. Disable PWM and let the fan speed up, it’s got enough mass to keep the chip cool up to 3.7GHz or so.

Intel’s coolers were good until 115x.

1 Like

I may or may not have a problem…
But meh, is fine.

That’s just the built rigs lol.

Also Core 2 Extreme is getting there.

Using my old beige case for reasons.

Very nice, though…

This comment didn’t age well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unrelated, the GTX 1080 Ti 10GB is a thing. Dug through the GPU-Z validations, earliest was June 2017. It’s not a mining card surprisingly, just a further castrated 1080 Ti for OEMs.

if i can buy it for a good deal, test it for a bit for reasons and then sell it for double+ what i bought it for, old hardware makes sense
otherwise mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bought these things mostly for the 660ti and 560 ti, the rest is just a bonus
this is probably the only vintage hardware i’ll be buying for the next 3 years lol, unless i find really good deals becuase otherwise what is the point of old shit hardware if not to make money from it because that’s the only use it really has anymore.

that or look old and/or pretty on a wall or whatever.

And the rig is almost done. Need to find a hard drive somewhere but still.

Will probably bench, do a bit of OC to see what its like, and then promptly list it on Reddit or something. May stream or whatever with it playing games but that can be annoying so meh. Unless anyone wants me to strim with it here but still.

Also is all EVGA build, for reasons.

i should probably also point old that old, crappy hardware is basically just for nostalgia at this point, so i guess if you have disposable income wouldn’t be that bad really, considering the insane amounts people spend on other nostalgic things … comparatively, PC hardware that’s old is cheap… but that’s only half-good lol.
it bothers me though when people try and say X58 (or even X79 to an extent… but x79 is just fucky because motherboard pricing) are still good enough for modern gaming and such when ryzen exists lol but that’s only vaguely related

People still say that shit because Westmere can, when heavily overclocked (4.5GHz+), reach Haswell levels of performance on a single core, and with 6 cores it edges up to Skylake levels of multi-core performance. It makes sense why they say it, but no it’s generally not worth it. If you happen to stumble upon a decent X58 board for $40 or so, and go to eBay for a $25 Westmere chip and $50 worth of bottom-shelf DDR3 then sure that is a better price/performance than Ryzen, but you give up literally all the features of a modern system in doing so, and create a heat-beast of a machine just to barely catch up with 2 generations old hardware.

X79 makes a bit more sense because it does have some more modern native features, and fully specced out it can absolutely match Ryzen’s performance; but the cost is nearly 2x to get the full spec.

the only reason i have a few x79 systems i may be building is because i get the boards from recycling, lol. but otherwise yep. because pricing on the things is all over the place at best
the one that actually does still make sense though is LGA 1156/1155 depending on what server boards are available for both for cheap. can build a really decent budget rig with either one.

Everything makes sense if you’re getting it from recycling. I just sold an nForce 2 AM2 board on eBay that I got from recycling… 13 years old and still worth $26 to somebody.

1 Like

Also woot. Got my Genome II/FX 8370 build back finally. Needs some cleaning and such as it was the HTPC of sorts for a while but still.