The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I may or may not have a problem…
But meh, is fine.

That’s just the built rigs lol.

Also Core 2 Extreme is getting there.

Using my old beige case for reasons.

Very nice, though…

This comment didn’t age well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unrelated, the GTX 1080 Ti 10GB is a thing. Dug through the GPU-Z validations, earliest was June 2017. It’s not a mining card surprisingly, just a further castrated 1080 Ti for OEMs.

if i can buy it for a good deal, test it for a bit for reasons and then sell it for double+ what i bought it for, old hardware makes sense
otherwise mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bought these things mostly for the 660ti and 560 ti, the rest is just a bonus
this is probably the only vintage hardware i’ll be buying for the next 3 years lol, unless i find really good deals becuase otherwise what is the point of old shit hardware if not to make money from it because that’s the only use it really has anymore.

that or look old and/or pretty on a wall or whatever.

And the rig is almost done. Need to find a hard drive somewhere but still.

Will probably bench, do a bit of OC to see what its like, and then promptly list it on Reddit or something. May stream or whatever with it playing games but that can be annoying so meh. Unless anyone wants me to strim with it here but still.

Also is all EVGA build, for reasons.

i should probably also point old that old, crappy hardware is basically just for nostalgia at this point, so i guess if you have disposable income wouldn’t be that bad really, considering the insane amounts people spend on other nostalgic things … comparatively, PC hardware that’s old is cheap… but that’s only half-good lol.
it bothers me though when people try and say X58 (or even X79 to an extent… but x79 is just fucky because motherboard pricing) are still good enough for modern gaming and such when ryzen exists lol but that’s only vaguely related

People still say that shit because Westmere can, when heavily overclocked (4.5GHz+), reach Haswell levels of performance on a single core, and with 6 cores it edges up to Skylake levels of multi-core performance. It makes sense why they say it, but no it’s generally not worth it. If you happen to stumble upon a decent X58 board for $40 or so, and go to eBay for a $25 Westmere chip and $50 worth of bottom-shelf DDR3 then sure that is a better price/performance than Ryzen, but you give up literally all the features of a modern system in doing so, and create a heat-beast of a machine just to barely catch up with 2 generations old hardware.

X79 makes a bit more sense because it does have some more modern native features, and fully specced out it can absolutely match Ryzen’s performance; but the cost is nearly 2x to get the full spec.

the only reason i have a few x79 systems i may be building is because i get the boards from recycling, lol. but otherwise yep. because pricing on the things is all over the place at best
the one that actually does still make sense though is LGA 1156/1155 depending on what server boards are available for both for cheap. can build a really decent budget rig with either one.

Everything makes sense if you’re getting it from recycling. I just sold an nForce 2 AM2 board on eBay that I got from recycling… 13 years old and still worth $26 to somebody.

1 Like

Also woot. Got my Genome II/FX 8370 build back finally. Needs some cleaning and such as it was the HTPC of sorts for a while but still.

My dad is amusing me. His HTPC (which has some of my extra ryzen parts) also has a Vega 64 Liquid, and is connected to a… 768p TV. Lmao.

Also quite possibly the biggest HTPC ever lmao.
Can give spec list if wanted. Is… Odd.

Done did a delid.

No improvement was recorded. Load temp is still 43C at 1.48v.

warthunder has changed quite a bit since last time i played (like… 6 months ago lol).

it is quite a lot better. a ton of the in game sounds have been updated, and some of the physics are more realistic (even in arcade battles). can rek people even harder now, but you also get rekt even worse lol. is fun. i think i may have to play more now. already have like 2.5 weeks of playtime into the game but still

2 Likes

Good morning :sleeping:

1 Like

That was me today lol
Was going to get up at noon
Its now 3pm and I’m just getting up :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Must be fun. Just got off work a little bit ago XD

I mean before now I was at QC and walked somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 miles (thats just when I had my phone on me lol) and then worked two 12 hour shifts immediately after coming home so my 4 days off before working again are going to be chill lol. Yesterday I got up at like 430PM lul

1 Like

sadly I’ve actually been up almost all day already since probably 4:00-5:00am and its now 9:30pm. had to go to my fathers to pick up some stuff and later had to take my mother to the hospital so its been a long day.

1 Like

And here I thought I was bad for getting up at 1pm :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i also went to bed at 5am, so there’s that lol

3 Likes