The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Meh, bad joke or actually I dont know half the time about the high end thing
But yeah.
Also lol at the XFX. It does actually look a lot like that though. I still don’t know how I feel about the look but it is better than previous quadro designs at least looks wise
Cooling wise I guess we’ll find out soon enough

I feel like they are just trying to get ahead to the point where AMD cant hope to catch up anytime soon

Cooling hardly matters on Quadros. They’ll have a super conservative power target that barely meets the on-paper spec and run at 80-83C like all previous generations since Kepler. What I’m interested by is they say the RTX 6000 and RTX 8000 will have the same core count of 4,608, but as previously stated they haven’t submitted a single chip with 4,608 cores for qualification yet. If they’re releasing these in Q4 and don’t even have a qualified ASIC yet… I’m smelling some good ol’ yield issues.

Fermilicious

Given the fact that Big Kepler (iirc that is what the k6000 was) was ready (but low yield) a year+ before release then yep. Would be surprised if it will be released that soon or with any kind of large amounts of them available. Then again, the things do cost multiple thousands sooo I mean its not like they move as fast as gaming GPUs do.
Still pretty fast though lol. Half baked architectures FTW! :stuck_out_tongue:

And yep there is that on cooling.

We also know 1e3c is a 102GL 4352 core design with slower GDDR6, so either another Quadro is in the works or the sites reporting the RTX 6000 as having 4,608 cores are spewing trash. nVidia only said up to 4,608 and claimed the RTX 8000 would be the full thing.

This chip has actually been through qualification as of July 27th when another mysterious chip went through.

I’ll be posting some more movie recommendations after work today.

1 Like

Battle For Azeroth hype!!!

1 Like

@ThatBootsGuy
I passed the MR 11 test finally today. I did still level my gear while working on passing the test.
As a result I’m only 18 000 ish away from qualifying for the MR 12 test. WOOT.

1 Like

@wolfleben did you know about this?

Yes I did. The fact is even the apps you use on there also collect data: what you watch, do you interact with the ads that are interactive on the Roku [I don’t].
This collection of data can lead to better curation when it comes to recommendation like: Netflix and Amazon.

I can understand why people have an issue with this collection of data.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not some shocking news that electronics with access to the internet are collecting private data.
And we’d give up a lots of conveniences by not using them.
But: we don’t have to actively support those data hording companies.

Written on a PC running Windows 10

oh, the irony

5 Likes

So its for that terrible stuff that doesnt work anyway so I ignore it? K.
Lol.
(The ads I mean, I like the roku itself)

1 Like

In other news. I may have a hardware collection problem… Then again, the issue may have more to do with living in a single bedroom and trying to fit all my stuff in it; but still

Will be cleaning later.
Oh also. That brand new fallout mask I’ll be giving away on stream tomorrow, 3-5PM CST. If anyone shows up that is LuL. But I already have one so the extra one is easy to ship and all that so.
Also @dje4321 I’ll be running it through the Streamlabs extension so if you still havent figured that out probably a good idea

1 Like

Finished the outline for the epic.
Finished the outline for Sam’s Wasteland Within 2nd arc/end of book. 6 chapters. I don’t know how long each chapter will be. They’ll be as long as they need to be.
Started the outline for the noir detective story.
Been pretty productive.
I’ll start writing the 2nd arc tomorrow after work. Now that I have an outline to follow it will make it better.

3 Likes

As promised 2nd set of film recommendations post is up. Now to bed.

3 Likes

I’m at like 40 percent my best…
Somehow I still got my work done. I don’t know how. Automated somewhat. I’m like a machine at work, I know what I’m doing to the nth degree and I can change when it is asked for to focus on something else.

I’m not sure how much writing I’ll get done on Sam’s Wasteland Within but I’ll make an attempt. Not going to force it though.

Did you know Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond, also created Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? That is a fun film to watch.

I can probably get away with playing Warframe from my bed… praise the wireless controller range and 27 inch monitor.

This house has no waffles I should fix that but not today. No definitely not today.

end rambling.

1 Like

News about Timesplitters:

It isn’t coming back soon but THQ Nordic will do something with it.

the newer tomb raider will have new game plus a real one:

Okay I should stop digging into game news.

1 Like

Sooo I guess this Core 2 Extreme I got is also an ES chip, lol. Nice. Also pic for reasons.

Now I just have to find an old LGA 775 backplate or an old cooler so I can use an aftermarket cooler and not the shit stock one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Actually the copper-slug Core 2 95W cooler kicks ass. Disable PWM and let the fan speed up, it’s got enough mass to keep the chip cool up to 3.7GHz or so.

Intel’s coolers were good until 115x.

1 Like