The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Failed the MR 11 test a third time… try again tomorrow.

2 Likes

I know the feels…

2 Likes

i know im going for sure so will be fun

2 Likes

Note to self. Drive next time if it is possible.
Because its 1.5 hours late and theres a mechanical issue on the plane.

Yeahhh

1 Like

Aaand there’s another 45mins before it even might be done
K
Fucks sakes lol.

Aaaand I’m on the plane
… When I was supposed to be landing at the end of the flight…

At least I’m on the plane lol

2 Likes

Well, Landed. Still have 3ish hours to go before home but meh

2 Likes

One of these days I’ll make it to Quakecon. Every time I consider it I realize I could prepay 3 months of rent for the same amount, or buy another 10 graphics cards (where the money really goes).

3 Likes

Thanks considering me but I don’t think I could come up with a budget.
Plus, doing social stuff with people, being around lots of people…I’m afraid I’d turn into a…ugh…normie.

4 more days until the course ends (actually 3, Wednesday’s a holiday).
Wanna play something again. Not the “chores” that are the grind in WoW. Although, today at midnight the new expansion starts (the servers will be overloaded again, so it’s not as if I’ll be able to play anyway).
idk, kinda wanna play something older, like an point n click adventure or RPG. But at the same time I just want the memory of it. Kinda reaching the goal without walking the road to it (which is impossible and if it isn’t then it’s just not the same).

2 Likes

Brief Writting Outline Epic Report :
Written the outline all the way to chapter 18. This is going to be a slightly long story.
Only have 2 chapters left.
End report.

2 Likes

Or you go to Quakecon and buy hardware, lol…

EVGA 780I with QX6850 and 8gb 1066ram+ 750I & q6600 & 4gb ram + 660 TI + 560 Ti + R9 270X I got for freeish because I found the owner a 1070 for a really baller price that he upgraded to.

And there was a ton more as well lol, but I didn’t really buy much more because flying sucks. Someone was selling a HAF X for $20 for example, or 1080s for $400, etc etc.

These are mutually exclusive events for me since both require financial input. Good haul though. I get 775 boards local for $5 and AM3 for $10, so I don’t need to go to Quakecon to get loaded up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could use a few more modern cards. I miss having stuff like GTX 680s and R9 270Xs on hand all the time.

That’s actually not far off what I got the above 775 boards for, because got the whole thing above for $100 ish (well the 270X only half counts as it was free lol so)

In any case I could probably also get good deals if I was closer to the one recycler I go to when I have stuff thats junk. They have a ton of randomness at any given point; only issue is I’m 3 hours away and its not like I have a fuel efficient car lol. Or if I get a fuel efficient car, that it could hold much stuff in it compared to what a lot of big gas guzzlers can but still

In any case. Fun times.
I’m sure if you wenr you could get all the deals if that was your goal because a fair number of people sell rigs and parts at QC so. But that would require more moneys. Though could make money off of spending the money but meh

Kindof rambling now…

I’m probably going to finish the outline for the epic tomorrow.

What will I do during my lunch break once I do?:
Not start writing it. Nope. Instead I’m going to work on the outline for a story that happens in the same world [well… book world… cause space…it is a nearby planet…] as the epic. No not a sequel. It’s a stand alone. Noir Sci Fi Fantasy Detective Story. Basically my plan is when I finish an outline for a story that I worked on during lunch break to start writing the outline for the next story. Yes it may be years before I get to or finish these but I’ll have a roadmap.

I still working on part 1 of the outline for the 2nd arc on Sam’s Wasteland Within. Kinda stuck on it. I’m going watch Mad Max Fury Road to see if it gets me out of the rut. At least I’ll get to rewatch a great movie.

1 Like

I am amused how similar the 200 series Ref. cards are in design to the new nvidia cards being shown off… Its almost like that, among other hints, are what the name will be lol.
3f04ab1d42981eab859bcdbb53b3a090-400-256

jensen

(The thing I noticed was the bump, lol. The rest is whatever)

Their yields are trash too. They have yet to put a 4,608 unit through testing, all of the currently tested chips cap out at 4,352 cores and 14Gbps GDDR6.

The RTX 6000 he’s holding up there should be 4,352 cores. Dev ID 1e3c possibly.

Also thought this was funny:

1 Like

Wooo for no competition in the high end
Though, the ray tracing thing seems interesting but is probably a long way off for gaming to say the least so meh?

Maybe this gen will have DX12 support though lol. Would be nice to move to real DX12 at some point and not just wrappers of DX11 games.

Best picture I can find that shows all the features on the surface of the shroud. The fan sits in its own little recessed notch for the same reason that all previous “black coffin” blowers have; air channel. The little nVidia logo behind the fan is a nice bit that’s been present on cards since Kepler. Though I have to say what this really reminded me of was:

If only for the black plastic and green notched line.

I don’t see how this is relevant to today’s launch. This is the annual new design for investors launch that happens regardless of competition. Unlike what Intel did for damn new 7 years, nVidia is still innovating and pushing new tech into their designs at the high end.

At least the card they showed on stage actually matched the card in the render… No wood screws this time!

Semi unrelated;
1080s are now $360 or so for reference and 1080 TIs are $500ish for reference used
Nice.
Now just to wait for… Nvidia to maybe launch new things? And see if prices drop even more.