The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

doom eternal looks fucking amazing
also rage 2, but especially doom eternal. archive of the thing https://www.twitch.tv/videos/295524416

2 Likes

Also having the option to turn off invasion is nice and good. Yeah it does looking really good.

1 Like

Pens I ordered arrived

First impressions, amazing. I like them so far.

1 Like

Listening to audio books from Audible on PC is a pain in the ass.

• Downloading them from the website just gives you a file that starts the download via the Audible desktop software. Okay, Iā€™ll install that.
  • The Audible desktop software downloads the .aax file without a hassle but I canā€™t play. It says I need to authorize this PC. Okay, Iā€™ll authorize it.
  • Window pops up but I canā€™t insert my account info cause a script error pops up. Closing it (yes, no, close) only makes it pop up again.
  • Okay, Iā€™ll try theā€¦ughā€¦Windows Appā€¦eww. Install it but because I set Windows to English it assumes I have a UK/US account and canā€™t find my library (but sure as hell redirects me to the German storeā€¦fucking idiots).

Screw this proprietary DRM riddled shit.

1 Like

It is terrible on pc.
I do wish they just gave me an mp3 file so I can put it on my Fiio X1 when I outright buy the audiobook. I set it up on my phone download the file on it, listen to it, and then delete.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it either. When you buy CDs on Amazon sometimes (when AutoRip is included) they give you the mp3 version as download immediately after purchase. So why not for audio books from Audible? Doesnā€™t make sense (unless itā€™s some licensing and protection bullshit, which doesnā€™t make sense either for consumers).

2 Likes

Fuck this scrapyard wars was INTENSE XD

1 Like

Yep they went entirely different directions with their builds, is interesting what you can get without the internet XD. Iā€™m only at the fortnight bench but really interested to see how Luke does on price per performance at this point because it could be really close.

Damn its insane how close that was, there wasnā€™t really much in it.

1 Like

Iā€™m consider getting Fallout 76 though Iā€™m going to wait till after it launches and review before I decied. DOOM ETERNAL, yes Iā€™m getting whenever it comes out as well as the next Wolfenstein.

1 Like

Iā€™m similarly very interested in Fallout 76 but more than a little bit uncertain about it and how it will work so Iā€™ll also be waiting. Its a shame you have to pre-order the game to get access to the beta because Iā€™d really want to try it out before I decided whether Iā€™d be getting it or not.

1 Like

Yeah I would have like to play that BETA before deciding to buy and the fact that you can only get it through Bethesda and not steam means no 2 hour refund window.

I do understand why Bethesda is tying it to the launcher:
It is always online so it was going to have to have a launcher just for updating this solves that.

Is it terrible that it isnā€™t ever coming to steam?
No. Steam right now as a store is terrible. It is a wasteland of so much worthless asset flipping, earlier access, junk.

Could Bethesda not release anything else to Steam?
Yes. Are they going to go this route? I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Okay failed the MR 11 test a 2nd time in Warframe even with practicing. Much disappointment. Iā€™ll try again tomorrow.
Going to play Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus a bit.

eh the 11 wasnā€™t too bad. The key is you donā€™t need to shoot them all. What weapon are you using to attempt it? And are you on controller or kbm?

BAZA weapon. Controller. The crazy thing is I completed the practice run 3 times in a row successfully so I know I can do it. Iā€™ll get it.

1 Like

Ah that might be the problem then, because I know I donā€™t have much difficulty but Iā€™m on kbm.

I plan to master it with Keyboard and mouse. I just got to sit down and bind the buttons. Practice, more practice, followed by more practice.

3 Likes

@ThatBootsGuy practicing with keyboard and mouse in Caputra mode:

Whirling ball of death Valkyr Prime:

Also practicing spoiler mode movements:

The Picture contains what is refereed to as spoiler mode. So click the arrow if you don't mine.

Iā€™ll get use to it before I go out in the public with random before I play with keyboard and mouse.

1 Like

Quakecon was really fun, even if I had to hang out with skelterz some rofl. But seriously was great, got some interesting stuff done and all that, and working on a few things and also helped some people out. Spent a bit more than i thought but still not terrible.

Iā€™ll also be running and sponsoring a group to go to Quakecon next year (unless something comes up ofc) and by that I mean Iā€™ll be buying 20+ seats, and then planning for hotel rooms/Airbnb, and food for everyone, and so on. For the Team Snap group which includes everyone here if you want, and the existing team snap community which is my friend Mohotashis community.
So will start planning that now, and getting it all ready to go and possibly other sponsors as well. But if anyone here wants to go can plan that. Even you two @Michael and @TheDiddilyHorror possibly :smiley:

Other than that it was a shit ton of quake for me and a lot of skyrim for my sister this year lol. Played like 20some hours of quake in 3ish days and 30 hours of skyrim for my sister lol.

I drank some with the Oseyeris crew but only once lol. Was so done after that once.

Now Kind of rambling lolā€¦
Thereā€™s more but things kindof just happened so hard to list them without missing things and or messing up the orders of things

2 Likes

I already plan on going next year if I can I just need to sort it all out, I should be able to though if all goes well.

I mean, if I plan well enough, Iā€™ll be able to secure tickets for both the team snap people+ us all+ the entirety of Treyead (Oseyerisā€™ crew which I am also a part of which was iirc 17 people this year) in one giant AF area of like 2 entire rows of seats :smiley: :smiley:
Hopefully can pull that all together. And, if we can plan it well enough, even possible sponsors for it on top of all the above.
And scheduled lunches and dinners so its cheaper for everyone.

2 Likes