The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

it kinda depends, some schools can be quite bad for most are pretty good, I didnā€™t go to a normal public school though so donā€™t really have any first hand experience of it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give the UK the benefit of the doubt and take that to mean the kid is really fucking stupid.

1 Like

Toilet paper math is really going to screw him up.

The amount of people who canā€™t do relatively simple math is mind-blowingā€¦

Though that could also be because Iā€™m great at math so what I consider to be bad at math is probably a higher benchmark than someone elseā€™s.

3 Likes

If thatā€™s average then humans arenā€™t nearly as intelligent as we claim to be

1 Like

I really want one of these :smiley:

1 Like

@Dje4321 do you know of a way I can throttle a cpu freq based on temp in fedora? debian has cpufreqd but I cant seem to find an alternative.

An excellent example of doing lots of work to make something to accomplish a simple task youā€™re to lazy to do yourself even though would take like 5 seconds to do yourself.

1 Like

pkgs.org has an rpm for cpufreqd that you could try on fedora

https://pkgs.org/download/cpufreqd

1 Like

That might just do the trick

1 Like

So I went down a rabbit hole with trying to get that to work. Gave up. Found thermald. Realized thermald relies on cpufreq in the first place to work(for my situation). Now Iā€™ve resorted to max freq in cpupower as a just good enough method.

GG no RE fedora.

1 Like

To be fair Fedora is on the bleeding-edge and cpufreqd is a very old package and the original project hasnā€™t been updated in 9 years, not sure if Debian has a more recent fork though

1 Like

TV News:
Arrow is Ending with Season 8 which will be 10 episodes.

Not surprised. Look it has had a solid run and proved you can have a good superhero show. Plus the spin offs are still going. Going to buy the complete the series on bluray once it is out. Definitely a show I can rewatch. No word on if Batwoman has been greenlight yet.

Hey chungus

Mirror mirror on the wall, whoā€™s the thiccest of them all?

Stop it! I like to eat, so what?
:kissing_heart:

Unrelated: it seems like Iā€™m on my 24h awake/12h sleep rhythm again. Kinda sucks.

1 Like

Lols, sounds like me 10 years ago.

The eating part or the weird sleep cycle part?

Sleep

Iā€™m not even doing it on purpose. 10 years ago Iā€™d sleep for that long after being awake for 2 full days. Or be out all night drinking, come back home in the morning, sleep until evening and then go out for a night of drinking again.
Canā€™t do that kind of stuff anymore. Last time I got drunk (which didnā€™t take a lot) it took me 2 days to recover. Getting old sucksā€¦unless youā€™re an anti-vax child or live in the middle of Africa.

2 Likes