The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

mommy I really need a GTX 2080 to “Unlock My Full Potential”

2 Likes

like the $400 mouse…

1 Like

Got hearthstone working on my phone finally, even got some rewards because samsung galaxy promotion or something. 3 packs and a card back.

feelsgoodman

Edit: Opened packs, got a Malygos!
re-inserts feelsgoodman image here

1 Like

I never laughed so hard.

2 Likes

I’m going to be diving in to see how Star Trek Online has changed since the last time I played it. I still have end game gear but I’m not max level. I can fix that.

2 Likes

Once i saw how underpowered the competitors where i knew this was 100% BS. Needs atleast a 2060 to compare it against the 2080

2 Likes

I know it wouldn’t have made any differance because Nvidia and skewd results but would’ve liked them to show comparisions between a Ryzen APU/Intel iGPU and moderate Radeon cards like the 570/580. There in the range of a pretty good sweat spot for price/performance in esport/battle royal titles but ofc can’t have them over-shadow the RTX even if just a little.

Any competition is too much competition

1 Like

B… but AyyyyMD

2 Likes

Getting more than 60fps in games when only using a 60Hz monitor is a waste. Especially as I discovered that my GPU runs a few degrees cooler when I set the max fps to 60 instead of 80 ingame.

2 Likes

if you want it even cooler than drop the voltage down a few ticks

2 Likes

I’d need to look into that and see how much is safe before the clockspeed gets unstable.

open superposition and just keep dropping volts until it crashes or becomes buggy. Then raise it 100mv. Stability testing needed still ofc

Not really looking forward to that…

2 Likes

depending on the game you could also enable Radeon chill too. I think WoW supports it and it pretty much dynamically shifts your fps depending on what your doing and can really lower power/noise and heat of the card.

2 Likes

play a few games, see if it crashes, if yes more volts, if no then your good. GPUs are way easier than CPUs lol

2 Likes

WoW somewhat lets me do that already with max/min FPS. It goes to the selected min FPS when the borderless window is not focused (30FPS) and back to max FPS when I focus it again (60FPS).

Radoen chill is kinda different than that, it works in realtime and analyses your actions such as key presses and mouse movements and sets the fps based on that. for example if you standing still it’ll lower it down to 15fps but if your running around and clicking a lot of buttons it’ll shoot right up again for those moments when your in combat etc.

min I can set is 30.

Android Pie seems unpolished. Some audio glitches when using headphones and wake/sleep. A ridiculous notification about HD capable sim that cannot be shut off. There’s also some apps that seem to be buggy (apex launcher).

Reverting back to Oreo for now.

Also lack of google play services means some apps won’t work at all unless you get a cracked apk. I liked having my credit card app for purchase notifications and there’s several paid apps that I’d rather not run some untrusted cracked version of.

Looks like there may be some way to run play store with microg but I’m not sure that’s going to solve the issue of purchased apps.

1 Like