The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Hasnt it been “happening” for years now? or is there something more promising.

Apparently the recording is done and all that’s left is the final mastering

1 Like

“We’Re TakINg SunDaYS oFf ThiS yEaR” she says…

Proceeds to schedule appointments every Sunday

4 Likes

Do you happen to know what makes some devices support “up to 64GB” and others “up to 256GB” etc.?
My tablet’s 128GB microSD is slowly running out of space and the spec sheet said “up to 128GB”. Don’t wanna buy a 256GB and then have it not working.

My phone’s the same. 64GB work fine. Although when it comes to 128GB some users have reported them working while others don’t.

Possible limits of the controller or they only tested it with those cards at the time? for anywhere from 64GB - 2TB it needs SDXC support so its possible higher capacity cards will work on those devices too. An example is that the switch can theologically support 2TB SD cards and its on the specs sheets but obviously there are not 2TB cards yet.

1 Like

Maybe partly a marketing scheme to get people to buy more expensive models that they say support higher capacities?

Possible but I doubt it, if they wanted to limit your storage options to buy another device they just wouldn’t support sd cards and charge more for internal eMMC, its honestly probably that those high capacity cards weren’t on the market yet more than anything else.

Also just tested the 400GB card in my phone which offically has support for 256GB cards and it totally works fine.

1 Like

I just sent them a message on their website to see what the official spec is. Can’t really find much about it anymore. The 8" model I have disappeared from their website and GSMArena only lists the newer models with “no slot”. Most other reviews don’t even mention anything about it.
Only clue is the old comparison chart on Amazon’s product page which says “up to 128GB”.

Those manga sure take up a lot of space. And I already deleted a bunch. Kinda defeats the purpose of being to able read on the go without access to the internet.

1 Like

probably nand controllers being slow to get better storage

That and phone manufacters want you to pay for higher internal storage.

2 Likes

Yeah, Apple and Google are milking that one.
It’s to be expected from Apple but I never understood why Google doesn’t put slots for microSDs in their Nexus/Pixel phones.

The same reason as Apple lol

2 Likes

$100 more for 128GB instead of 64GB on the Pixel 3 XL.
But of course they’re pushing for limited, non-expandable onboard storage to push people to use their services. Streaming music and videos, cloud storage - it sounds good in theory but fuck that in reality with data caps, expensive mobile data plans and flaky reception. While a lot of places have wifi, I wouldn’t access my stuff over it.

1 Like

Worse thing is when they pull your favorite song, movie, etc

1 Like

Hello, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
The appeal of those streaming services was being able to watch your stuff whenever you want, where ever you want, without ads.
Now that this ain’t true anymore they’re just the same as cable TV.

1 Like

Ive got youtube and thats about it lol

1 Like

Have Prime for the faster+free shipping. Rarely watch anything on it and used music streaming once a few years ago.
But faster shipping is useless if the shipping company is retarded.

Delivery: today until 8pm.
It’s ~6:30pm and it’s not even out for delivery yet. I kinda doubt they’ll meet that deadline.

1 Like

In other news nvidia is in full PR spin mode trying to sell 20 series GPUs.

Intel HD 630, 750 Ti, and a 2080 are compared for how well you do XD. Ford pinto vs Ferrari in a drag race lol

1 Like

Lets just buy a $1000 graphics card that costs more than my entire system so I have a marginal better K/D, or ye know just decrease the graphical settings. :woman_shrugging:

I fail to believe you K/D is any better by 16% going from a 10 to a 20 series, card pascal cards still really good, damn even the 900 series cards still hold their own.

2 Likes

Or you could just play games you know for fun

2 Likes

When you’re so desperate to sell your latest gen of GPUs that you’re pandering to Battle Royale plebs kek

2 Likes