The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Meanwhile I’m still on Android 6.0.1.
Are there even any features “worth” upgrading? I feel like I left my “aching for the newest Android version” phase behind.

1 Like

Still on 7.1.2 and will probably stay there until my n6p finally dies the core death.

2 Likes

I mean Android 7.x.x at least has app multitasking and more fine control over app permissions which is pretty cool which were the biggest used features when i upgraded to it.

On 7.1.2 also with LineageOS 14.1 and will likely stay there for a while, they’ve officially dropped support for it since version 16 and my device hasn’t upgraded yet. I compile it myself though so at the very least I can still get the latest security patches.

2 Likes

I don’t even get those anymore. Last one is from 2017 :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m on Android 9, but only because I have a pixel 1 and Google actually updates the thing lol. I’ll probably have this thing for years though unless it breaks at some point.

1 Like

I have an update available for oreo but I’m not going to take it.

I’m also one of those autists who roots the stock rom and generally does a bunch of dumb shit that makes updating a pain.

3 Likes

Youre talking about a majority of people here lol

3 Likes

I thought most people just went custom rom at that point.

1 Like

Oh shit, I’m a minority :scream:

Lol
But I haven’t needed to root my phone either though because stock Android is nice actually.
If my LG G5 hadn’t died I probably would have rooted it though …

1 Like

Custom roms are not a option for most

2 Likes

If the stock audio didnt suck I would probably not root either. Arise is just 2 gud.

I cant use custom roms because of fi. Thanks google.

2 Likes

Not really. I still have my old backup of before I had the phone repaired. I’m testing the new new so you don’t have to.

I believe I was on 7.1 though (lineage14.1) but I think 6 was fine. It had fde and privacy guard which is what I tend to look for in the current OSs.

2 Likes

I got something neat from Remedy [I’ll take better pictures with my camera later]:

How did I get this and what is it for?:

I’m on the Remedy’s official discord server for their upcoming game Control . There was a time you could ask a question to the main character. I asked a question “What is your favorite hot beverage?” Then I got a pm from the community manger. Letting me know I had been selected to receive free swag for Control. I gave my address and received the package today.

This is the video in which my question was answered [The video is kinda meta]:

3 Likes

I wonder if there is actual text you can extract from it

2 Likes

Neat.
edit
oh also @ThatBootsGuy this game is amusing. kindof like carball, theres even a foosball mode which is quite amusing because everyone is marbles and theres fun powerups as well. and its a free game :smiley:

1 Like

Tax season cannot end soon enough… Would be so much better if I was running it all, but she’s refusing to retire. As a result my stress levels are through the roof for various issues she causes…
Trying to maintain my composure like:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Netflix news:

Netflix is having a movie made about 2000 AD’s Button Man:

1 Like

Already happy I got the new SMD rework station. That’s a free 40 Gigabit NIC.

2 Likes