The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Just one of them, the permissions are separately assigned and not combined.

hmmm, so no way to make it a group + trust level requirement?

not that I know of, @Dje4321 might have some ideas. assigning the NSFW group on TL level maybe and have only that with permissions?

TL:DR is it has to be done manually, could write something in the Discourse API to check the users in a Trust level and add them to the group everyday but thats a lot of work.

@tsk ahoy matey

1 Like

Nope. Is nothing that you can do within discourse

1 Like

Thats a shame, looking around I can totally do it in the API with posts using curl and could probably write something within a day that’ll work but i’d be a bit hacky.

2 Likes

Howdy partner.

@Michael we need to setup a gpt2 instance, feed it the forum, tie it into a bot account then we can talk to it.

https://talktotransformer.com/

1 Like

nice idea that could be fun. I’ll have to play around with gpt2 and see what I can come up with, could possibly also tie it to @discobot but that might get confusing.

1 Like

Maybe @terminator

1 Like

All we’d get i terminator qoutes, Hey @terminator how is it today? get down, come with me if you want to live

1 Like

lol, That would be great. I’m looking now through their github. Looks like most of it runs on python, or at least the setup…

1 Like

Now I need to learn about docker…

ye docker can be fun to learn, its got a bit of a learning cruve espeically if you get into making your own containers but really powerful if you use it right. most of the stuff on my server is running on docker including this forum.

1 Like

Not really by choice though XD

1 Like

ye if you want to use Discourse your pretty much stuck with it either way. its not too bad though, least it makes backups and restoring easier.

Is docker easy to nuke If i want it off of my machine?

ye it is mostly, what OS are you using? pretty much nuking the service and rm -rf /var/lib/docker /etc/docker is all you need

Ubuntu on my desktop, debian on server. I just have flashbacks of nodejs squirting files all over the damn place. Or maybe it was the software running on it.

apart from the in binaries /usr/bin those are the only places docker stores files. its mostly /var/lib/docker that has everything todo with running docker and its where all the containers and volumes are kept.

1 Like