The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Not unless it’s the 4th time you’ve done that screwup lol

2 Likes

Just saw John Wick 3, it’s very good. Movie theater was also in 4k so that was neat.

1 Like

How often do you get to leave the base?

In basic, only on the last week for 0900-2000. Once I’m in tech school it’s base liberty during the week & town pass on weekends & holidays.
When I’m done with tech it’s more or less a normal job.

1 Like

Semi unrelated, I’m super tempted to get a 5k iMac as there’s a few for $600-700 used on eBay … But also meh? Probably will just ship one of my desktops to tech school instead. I just would love to use the 5k display lol. And for $600 it isn’t bad for also happening to have a computer attached to it.

But…Apple.

But… 5k. And the only other 5k panel is like $800… Just for the display.

Can you use it just as a monitor?

1 Like

Sadly no. Could maybe do stuff with remote viewing but that would be it. Surface studio had the same issue

3 Likes

You could technically take it apart and use a controller board to drive the panel separately but its hardly worth it and you’d risk doing an LTT when you put it back together lol

1 Like

Or set the integrated PSU on fire.

I think I may buy this Hearthstone adventure… Dungeon run is by far my favorite mode and this is strictly an improvement on that already incredibly fun format.

1 Like

However the one I was looking at has a Radeon m290x … So it basically has a 7870 in it. Which is not that bad at gaming at 1080p … And can drive the 5k panel well enough for videos and whatnot so.
Then again could just get a decentish gaming laptop for the same price with semi-decent specs but meh.
What I’ll probably end up doing is buying a 1080P nixeus monitor with high refresh rate + freesync and ship one of my desktops from home to tech school. Already have my pink mechanical keyboard with me now.

1 Like

Why do you hate your hardware?

Is more the fact that it will cost like $200 than anything (as to why I don’t necessarily want to have my own desktops).
Once I get to my first base, the AF will ship everything for me for free so is basically just at tech that it’s annoying.

1 Like

Pic in my long sleeve blues and tie;

Also went to the Air Force Museum on Lackland base;

3 Likes

i’m making my monthly appearance here on the board, how is everyone

3 Likes

Not bad. Doing something rare, playing games. If it would only stop raining…

1 Like

Doing alright. decided to take a nap and ended up sleeping for longer than expected, only just woke up.

Last day of town pass for me before shipping out at 3am to Sheppard AFB. And my tech school starts on the 31st so busy days.

1 Like