The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Well shit… My TV is finally on its way out. Looking on Amazon and I’m surprised TVs are so cheap now. To put this into perspective, I bought my current 32" 1080p samsung smart for a little over $400. This 43" 4k samsung smart is around $350. I could do without the “smart” of course, but finding a TV without that nowadays is very difficult.

Advice. Don’t ever buy a tv from Amazon.

They don’t ship it well. They ship it in one box. I had this happen to many times and the tv was broken. I final asked for a refund instead of a replacement cause 5 times arriving broken is too many.

If you buy online. Buy from Best Buy. They ship in two boxes with extra padding.

As for in store deals: Walmart and Costco.

Smart TVs are here to stay forever.

1 Like

Tips for Smart TVs, don’t connect them to the internet and there as dumb as rocks. only downside to ours is the TV only has a power button meaning if you lose the remote your stuck on whatever channel you were watching last lol

2 Likes

After some replacements they only offer you a refund anyway. Had this happen a couple of times. It’s annoying if it happens with something you bought during a sale and have to buy it again for full price.

1 Like

Doing great so far. Just been working and getting better as CSGO. Had alot of my skills rust :frowning:

1 Like

I think were gonna see smart tvs become the new “TV” and monitors being refered to as the term for “dumb” TVs

1 Like

You say that now until some bright spark in marketing designs the “Smart Monitor” and we’ll see it a Computex XD

The AMD keynote was interesting, didn’t see much of Navi as expected but that Ryzen 3900X… 12 cores @ 4.6GHz with 70MBs of cache at only 105W is insane how far its come on the AM4 platform, that gives some threadtripper a run for its money

2 Likes

inb4 they put a webcam in the monitor but not on top but like the notch on phones right now

2 Likes

Unless TVs change in some fundamental way that probably wouldnt happen. The difference would be between them that one is smart and the other is not.

I agree being “smart” goes against the whole purpose of a monitor. it should just work™ just you know some marketing department somewhere will do it if only in name alone because it has really super fancy RGB or something.

If it’s a “smart” TV then it’s not just a TV anymore and shouldn’t be advertised as such.
Cause there’s nothing smart about it. TV + streaming/internet apps. Aren’t they even based on Android? Would make them more like a big locked down tablet without touch input.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14407/amd-ryzen-3000-announced-five-cpus-12-cores-for-499-up-to-46-ghz-pcie-40-coming-77

Not really feeling like updating my 1700 anymore. 3.6GHz base, 4.4GHz boost on the 3700X is a huge improvement over my 3.8GHz OC, but still.
The 3800X seems like a waste, though. Could probably easily squeeze out those 100Mhz boost with OC.
Now, the 3900X is insane. But no way I’m gonna spend $500 on a CPU. Regardless of the performance. Cause I don’t need a powerhouse like that.

What do you guys think?

Intel is SOOOOO fucked lol

3 Likes

Ayyy

1 Like

Neat.

1 Like

In other news I found a laptop or two I’m thinking about getting … both have desktop GTX 1060s, but one has GSYNC and an i5 where the other has an i7 and a 256gb SSD (both have 1tbhdds) but no Gsync. The Gsync one is $750 and the better spec one with no Gsync is $800. Hmmm.

Also even on a coach bus, an 8 hour road trip is still a long one when you have to be up at 1am for it lol.
I did discover that I had a $50 Google play card randomly though so bought a trilogy of books and some other stuff to keep busy so it’s not bad.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that it’s an ad for their server chips.
They’re getting stomped.

PCI Express 4 has me interested. The fact AMD is first before Intel has it on their motherboard is insane. The NAVI sounds promising but the name RX 5000… thats just dumb. Since it is a new gen should have gone with RXI 500. The game they benchmarked is a strange choice. Look I like Rebellion and their CEO but Strange Brigade is not a demanding game on a card. Metro Exodus and RAGE 2 would have been a better showcase. We’ll find out how much the NAVI will cost and more at e3.

That said next year Intel has their graphic card and I’m very curious to see how that plays out.

1 Like

Also holy crap, 3 months of not watching YouTube has put me so far behind with all the shows I used to watch daily/weekly lol rip.
Probably will catch up with some of the weekly ones when I can but the daily ones I have given up on already :stuck_out_tongue: