The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

ReShade 4.3 just recently came out it has a very interesting change to it:

Changelog

4.3.0:

• Added experimental support for D3D12

What does this mean and why is it important?
ReShade has worked with Direct X11. DX 12 though has been out for a few years why did it take so long to get an experimental support?

Couple reasons. Despite DX 12 being out a few years not a lot of games have used and not to mention poorly implementing it. ReShade is coded as a passion project and it takes a lot of work to change it. The people who code it are very talented but putting in support of DX 12 takes time.

Should you install it on DX 12 games? Not yet. Look Experimental means bugs, crashes, and not stable. Iā€™ll let you know when a ReShade comes out that has a stable support of DX12.

3 Likes

Just woke up an hour or so ago. 3am and it feels like the perfect time to put some pizza in the oven.

2 Likes

Google News is broken. WTH:

tumblr_om6ui8wtpd1tg1smmo2_500

I could use a news exaggerator like feedly and see if I can get to behave how I want.

1 Like

Yeah, not much technology but first our vice chancellor resigning after doing stupid shit ā€œwhile drunkā€ and now the chancellor resigning too is just a farce.

1 Like

Okay I got my Feedly News set:

Tech, TV and Film, and Video Games. Iā€™ll be tweaking it a bit but at least I have a base to work with.

1 Like

I do appreciate organizing things in categories. Wish it was always that easy.

3 Likes

Worlds Second best overclocker XD

1 Like

kek I totally missed that watching the video XD

Woot. Got my shipping address on base so bought this for $740 with free shipping. I7 7700hq, GTX 1060, 256gbssd+1tb HDD, 16gb ram, etc. And the reviews are overall positive of it.

Should arrive next week sometime so will be able to game soonTM :smiley:

MSI GS63VR 7RF for those curious.

Otherwise HI.

3 Likes

der8auer and Steve make a perfect duo XD

1 Like

seems a lot less active here than before I left, oh well
Howā€™s everyone doing? I start my actual classes tomorrow. So far itā€™s been really cool hereā€¦ I still have mixed feelings about being a maintenance specialty code, but will be nice to actually start learning my job now.
Edit; I also discovered my tech school lasts until Octoberā€¦ Near 6months lol. And another 3 months of on the job training before I can actually start real work. But it is one of the most technical jobs in the AF so makes sense. And once Iā€™m done Iā€™ll be able to work on any civilian plane so thatā€™s a plus as well.

Ive been busy with work but should be able to engage more soonā„¢

2 Likes

mostly fine, slightly sleep deprived. havenā€™t been able to sleep when i normally would and my internal clock doesnā€™t know what its doing.

1 Like

sacrificing the nice 230W HP charger in the name of science

1 Like

RIP he smaller one you have? what you doing with it?

No. The big phat bastard. Just splicing into the ID line so i can capture it with a scope

oh neat, hoping to find some specific about it or just doing it because?

both

and what is it you trying to find?

how the stupid id thing works for the chargers

1 Like