The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Is docker easy to nuke If i want it off of my machine?

ye it is mostly, what OS are you using? pretty much nuking the service and rm -rf /var/lib/docker /etc/docker is all you need

Ubuntu on my desktop, debian on server. I just have flashbacks of nodejs squirting files all over the damn place. Or maybe it was the software running on it.

apart from the in binaries /usr/bin those are the only places docker stores files. its mostly /var/lib/docker that has everything todo with running docker and its where all the containers and volumes are kept.

1 Like

Hi
Iā€™m an airman now :smiley:

Can talk more later but just on a family members phone atm. Tomorrow/ after that Iā€™ll have mine back.

4 Likes

hey congrats. been a long time, hows it going?

Busy. About to be working on flight control systems and avionics on C5 planes so thatā€™s cool. Have town pass tomorrow after parade (today was retreat & graduation so only on base Liberty so dont have my phone yet.)
Will talk more tomorrow at some point.

2 Likes

Me: Okay I guess I can copy over my comics to the kindle fire I got:

This may take a bit.

1 Like

File transfer between tablets/phones and PCs has always been abysmally slow (if it doesnā€™t freeze up on longer/larger transfers).
I always prefer taking the microSD card out and using it with an adapter directly plugged into my PC. Way faster.

1 Like

Hi
On town pass now.
Also seems like itā€™s pretty slow here, my post and a few others from yesterday and thatā€™s it lol

Hey sup,

eh only slightly its still early though.

Itā€™s noon :stuck_out_tongue:
But headed to the USO lounge thing now and going to check out San Antonio after that. Will see from there. Probably get some Mexican food because Iā€™m basically on the edge of Mexico so why not

depends on your perspective, its later than that here but my sense of time is skewed because i sleep at weird times.

Mexican food sounds nice, I only just had a pizza not long ago and no I didnā€™t cook it.

1 Like

How was training? Anything like full metal jacket?

2 Likes

No, was stressful (sortof) but once you learn what to do itā€™s pretty straightforward. Nothing like the ground pounding army basic training lol.

3 Likes

I have anxiety attacks just thinking about messing up if i was ever in the army lol. How is it?

1 Like

Not sure what you are asking lol
In other news went to Dave & Busterā€™s (a bar + arcade place) and played there for some time. And just now got chocolate covered swedish fish, chocolate covered double stuff Oreos and a Duff ā€œbeerā€ (soda that looks like the beer in the show) from a sweets shop.

Edit
Also, a lot of basic training is classified, because they donā€™t want people to know specifics of what itā€™s like. But itā€™s nothing like the movies unless you join the army :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh also, a photo of me in my work uniform.

Weā€™ll be switching to new uniforms in a few years but still.

2 Likes

One slight fuckup and 40 pushup

1 Like

This is the only trailer Iā€™ll see for Terminator Dark Fate:

What you need to know:
The films that happened after T2: Judgement Day never happen
James Cameron directed it and has control of the Terminator franchise again.
The trailer hints at stuff but it doesnā€™t seem to spoil anything major.

Looks promising. Wait and see.