The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

How does that work with save files? Are they saved on the memory card or game cartridges?

saved data on the PS Vita is saved either on the internal memory or the added memory card. iirc you couldn’t save stuff to the game cartridges themselves.

Another shit move. Sony really sucks at portable consoles. They always managed to do something great and then fart on it.

I mean the switch can’t do that either. only reason these game card adaptors work as internal memory is because somebody found out how to hack them todo it.

I wouldn’t necessarily compare those two. The Vita isn’t meant to be used as a hybrid portable/home console. And the Switch uses regular microSDs, not some proprietary crap that’s way overpriced.
3DS and PS Vita? Yes. BUT: the (New) 3DS supports (micro)SD cards too.

it kinda works like that if you have a PS4 and use remote play. iirc not every game supports it but it could be neat

1 Like

It 100% works like that and its actually not bad at all and worked on all games I tried it with. Even played Destiny from my PlayStation 4 at my dads over the internet to my Vita and it worked fine if not a little laggy XD

1 Like

lounging in memeville

3 Likes

it cleans up easy enough

1 Like

Those are YUUUGE restrictions/requirements. The Switch doesn’t have those. And if you take launch prices, they aren’t too far apart (240€ wifi Vita/270€ 3G Vita, 300-330€ Switch), which is another point for the Switch.
I do prefer the design of the Vita, though.

2 Likes

the joysticks are even more shite

1 Like

On which one?

on both but the PS Vita ones are way worse than the Switch and were too tiny for my massive hands lol

2 Likes

But they can’t be worse than this sad excuse of a joy stick on the PSP (and it only had 1!!!).

1 Like

Comparison of handheld and joysticks lol

1 Like

The buttons on the right side of the PSP and the shoulder buttons don’t feel very good imo (and I used the 1st gen and 2nd gen). And neither did the joy stick. imo.
No idea how the ones on the Vita feel but the joy sticks should be an upgrade.

Kinda funny though that the screens look almost the same size (PSP 3.8", Vita 5").

I kinda prefer the shoulder buttons on the PSP actually. the ones on the Vita aren’t as tactile and mushy compared to it.

ye they look almost the same on camera but in person you can really tell the difference.

alright, I’ve moved this to the lounge now too

2 Likes

Yours is the 1st gen, right? The 2nd gen also underwent some design changes iirc. 1st gen looks better imo but display and battery life are the biggest differences.

ye really the main difference between the two is the newer one as an LCD and bigger battery instead of an OLED

The battery is actually the same, but the battery life is increased. Maybe cause the LCD display needs less power than the OLED?

And the 2000 (Slim) also has 1GB int. storage. So while you can’t use int. and ext. storage independently (it copies the files to the memory card), you don’t necessarily need a memory card to play games.

Kinda sucks that the battery isn’t removable like the one in the PSP.