The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

either local, newegg, or ebay (grugginly)

1 Like

I wish we had something like this here.
The electronics stores here are the meh mainstream ones with about zero selection despite their size (cause they pack all kinds of home appliances too). And the small stores are more expensive and usually donā€™t have what you want in stock. And quite a number of them are shady.

1 Like

The entire US economy is built on shipping at this point so sadly if amazon went under it would hurt us alot

Do you mean shipping to private customers or big business customers?
Cause if you mean the first, oh boy, it says a lot with all the flak shipping companies are getting.

both

So, how long until Amazon takes over the entire economy while getting shittier and shittier?

about 3-4 years at this rate. Amazon will take up the physical economy while google gets the digitial one.

Also USA acts as a major shipping hub too

2 Likes

US TECH Security on Debit Cards is way behind Europe

1 Like

its beyond flawed. Either just need the MAG+PIN or the front and back of the card.

Though the chip reader is supposed to help, i dont trust it

2 Likes

gets comment on an old videoā€¦
its just this roflā€¦
youtubesx

Futurama-Fry

3 Likes

you act like it hasnā€™t already lolā€¦ at least for online things anyway.

3 Likes

Control PC Requirements:

Minimum Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X or better
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD RX580 or better
  • For Ray-Tracing: GeForce RTX 2060
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • DirectX: DX11
  • Additional Features: Widescreen support 21:9 / Remappable controls / Uncapped frame-rate / G-Sync / Freesync support

Recommended Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X or better
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti / AMD Radeon VII or better
  • For Ray-Tracing: GeForce RTX 2080
  • DirectX: DX11 / DX12
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Additional Features: Widescreen support 21:9 / Re mappable controls / Uncapped frame-rate / G-Sync / Freesync support

I got a RTX 2080 ti, 32 gigs of RAM, and an i7-6700K but yeah I should be alright. Yes, Iā€™m getting the game on the epic store. I get why people wonā€™t. I also plan to buy it on Steam and if it comes to GOG there as well [Though if it comes to GOG at the same time Iā€™d just rebuy it there.]. Iā€™m all ready planning on making wallpapers with the game. This game was built with Ray Tracing not as a patch but at launch. Iā€™m curious to see it in action. Iā€™ll let you guys known.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working on buy pyshically copys of graphic novels I own digital. Now I do own a lot of 2000 AD Graphic Novels Digital [Praise the Free DRM PDFs they sale]

Problem is there is one Judge Anderson Graphic Novel that has been out of print for monthsā€¦
The 2nd one:

I emailed 2000AD to inquire as to when itā€™d be back in stock. Never got a reply. So Iā€™ve never bought the physical copies because of 2 being out of stock and I canā€™t buy a set when something is missing. And scalpers have jacked the used copies prices. I do have the digital at least and I can redownload as many times as I need to I just really wanted physical copies as well.

1 Like

Aw, that sucks. But good thing you knew before you bought them.
Iā€™m still waiting for the German version of Fables Bd.19 that I ordered over over a month ago and that is apparently out of stock everywhere. Not even the publisher could tell me more than ā€œitā€™s out of stock, youā€™re out of luckā€. By now Iā€™m just assuming that itā€™s out of print, which doesnā€™t make sense, though, as itā€™s just one volume in the middle of the series.

But itā€™s annoying when you canā€™t get a complete series for whatever reason.

1 Like

Oh, did I mention that Iā€™m getting the RP2 replaced?

My diddily misadventures, or: failed attempts to just buy a new phone:
The package was showing a visible dent and whoever packed it was a moron cause the phone was (in the box) display down where no cushioning was. But they put a tiny piece of crumbled up paper on the backside.
Later that evening I noticed that the screen wasnā€™t flush with the speaker grills (higher on one side, lower on the other) and while youā€™d have to look very carefully to see it, it was noticeable by touch even more so (every time swiping down and a fingernail would catch on it).

First I thought, wellā€¦bad QC. But someone else who has the same phone said itā€™s flush on his and I havenā€™t seen any reviewer mention it (even some picky ones, but maybe Iā€™m just more picky).

Contacted Razer and just by describing it they said it might have been caused by rough handling during shipping and totally a case for a warranty claim. They told me to contact the seller (Amazon) and get back to them with my case number if they cause any issues.
Well, the first customer employee from Amazon (chat) gave me issues, demanding a photo where the ā€œdefectā€ is visible. Explained that itā€™s barely even visible but very noticeable by touch. Nah, they want a photo. Always the same sentence over and over again with some spelling/grammar mistakes, so it was probably an outsourced office in Poland. Sometimes you get connected to one of them, sometimes not. But they want a photo even though you probably canā€™t see it on a photo. Why? Just so you can say ā€œwe checked the photo, it looks fine. no replacement necessaryā€.
Well, fuck. Am I gonna have a flawed phone with maybe even internal damage that only shows long term?

Then I called them (German name, no accent, didnā€™t just read standard phrases to me), explained the situation. At first he said they needed a photo to assess the damage. But itā€™s not really a visible damage. Itā€™s a flaw, possibly caused during shipping and by bad packaging.When I told him that it was a Prime Day sale and that the price is now 85ā‚¬ higher again, so Iā€™d rather go for a replacement than returning it, getting a refund and buying it again. Eventually he gave in (not sure if thatā€™s the best way to describe it, makes it sound like he was feeling bad for me) and said heā€™ll see if he can authorize a replacement. And he did. Much grateful. So relieve. Wow.
Cleaned both phones (just took the Moto One Vision to my local post office) as best as I could, crapped them up with all the accessories in the proper places of the boxes and properly packaged them (take notes, Amazon).

Arrival of the replacement is scheduled for Saturday.

Just in case I come across as a racist: I donā€™t have anything against foreign people working in customer support. They do their jobs as best as they can. But they seem to be more restricted in what they can and canā€™t do and have to follow a strict script. I donā€™t blame them, at all. I just find the interaction with natives smoother. They understand the situation with just a few words and are more flexible in finding a solution. Although I talked to some natives who sounded kinda flaccid, bored, uninterested in helping. So thereā€™s that too.
In the end both do their jobs. To credit the foreign customer service employees: they sound like they donā€™t know German for that long, so itā€™s impressive how good they are. Just maybe not ready for a job that requires communication in that language with natives. Still, great accomplishment. Honestly, Iā€™m not sure if I could do that in English, and even less in a completely different language, or my social anxiety taken into account.

So, thereā€™s that. I also wrote a lengthy email with pictures of the damaged package as a feedback on their insufficient packaging and shipping damage situation.

Am I too picky? Or delusional for expecting a perfect condition?
I mean, itā€™s easy to tell if a CD case comes with a crack in it or a book with lots of dents. But with this? idk, what do you think?

Nothing racist there. Only people that need to go fuck themselves is the people that make the decision to use them for every country. Is why i hate calling my debit card. I cant understand the accent over a phone connection that sounds like it should be from the 60s and the fact that they have no idea what they are doing

2 Likes

Without wanting to get political, the situation here is like, say anything negative about a person with roots in another country, and youā€™re automatically labelled a racist. Canā€™t even argue with those people cause their logic is really retarded.
If youā€™re okay, youā€™re okay. If youā€™re an asshole, then youā€™re an asshole.

1 Like

If your white anything you say about a race is racist but if your any other race than you cant be racist

1 Like

Everyone knows only white people can be racist.
/s

1 Like

Pretty much this lol

TL;DR Give us the cave update already

2 Likes