The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I restarted my computer. It seems the mouse is back to normal but I’ll give this a go if the weirdness comes back.

2 Likes

Windows 10. Making you CLI friendly

2 Likes

You guys probably won’t see me posting for the next three days. I got asked very nicely if I could stay after work to help out with a team I use to be on. I said sure. Thing is I’ll be working from 6:40 to about 7 or 8 PM for the next three days. When I do get home, I’ll likely just write in my book and then go straight to bed.

So to make up for my absence how about a Reshade Wallpaper before and after?:

Before ReShade:

After ReShade:

2 Likes

So my latest project has been going well. Multi color vinyl designs :smiley:

Pic later cause phone ded and it late.

1 Like

cool similar to that portal print you made with the vinyl cutter?

1 Like

that was just a vinyl cutter being used as a X/Y Plotter and a fancy pen

This is actual sticky vinyl for apply to shit. Normally limited to one color but i think i managed to make it work with a infinitely many colors

1 Like

nice can’t wait to see it. so its like vinyl cut in strips applied to a surface to make a pattern?

design split into multiples sections that are each cut out individually and then placed one by one onto the transfer tape

1 Like

that cool, this how you managed to get a design with multiple colours too? by cutting out those sections and laying them on top of that other ones?

1 Like

ye

1 Like

After digging deep into it, here is the thing about Debt Cards right now:
No where is safe to use them.
No protection if the number gets stolen.
For all that is holy never use one at a gas station.

What can you do:
Credit card you pay with money you have. Never overspend.

If that gets stolen - You can dispute. Freeze Account. Get new card.

Other option:
Get cash from a teller at the bank by check. You’d have to know a rough amount of how much you’d need. Gas stations would be the toughest to figure out.

How did I come to this:
I was talking with my Dad about it.

Why would he know?
He was in the Bank Industry for 35 years of his life. Even though he is retired he lets me know about important things to know about money.

So what do I do?:
I have a credit card just for cash and another for the grocery store.

Why?:
Maximum my credit score. I don’t over spend and I pay it immediately.

2 Likes

I have zero debt and dont ever plan on getting any lol

3 Likes

Weird. Credit cards aren’t really that common here, so most people either use cash or debit card.

Here a lot of places still only take cash. There’s even a pharmacy near us that only accepts cash or Apple pay XD

1 Like

They introduced those debit cards with the NFC chip a few years ago here, where you only have to type in your PIN every 5th time and can pay up to 25€ each time. I don’t like that thing. I thought they disabled it on my card by request but recently a store clerk proved me wrong by just waving my card over the card reader and it worked. Don’t like that feature.
And I’m not a fan of paying with my phone. There’s enough personal data stored on there as is and losing a phone is a pain in the ass as is too, but having to deal with your bank account if your phone gets lost or stolen is another level of inconvenience. And I don’t trust banking apps at all.

On a different top: Spigen DE Direct said they only do business in Germany. But I found a few of their cases (sold by Spigen DE Direct and shipping handled by Amazon) that I actually could buy (does me no good, though, as they’re for different phones). So their statement is just false.
When I asked them about it they said they’re not responsible for the shipping and that I have to contact Amazon about it. I’m on the phone with Amazon right now and the nice lady agreed with me that this is weird and shouldn’t cause me so much trouble (like having someone in another country buy it for me from their local Amazon and shipping it to me).
So I just finished calling Amazon about the issue and they said “It’s like that due to the system and we (customer support) can’t change that, unfortunately.”.
So, yeah. Amazon’s system is garbage and the customer service employees who didn’t give me the “due to shipping restrictions blah blah” copy/paste answer agreed with me that there’s no logical reason behind one product from the same seller shipping and another one (same category, model, etc) not.
Which is kinda unfortunate, but I got a 5€ rebate added to my account for my inconvenience (which kinda makes me feel bad cause @Michael is the one doing the work for me).

tl;dr - Amazon’s automated shipping restriction thingy is garbage and makes no sense at all.

1 Like

First impression of the Razer Phone 2 and comparison to the Motorola One Vision.

First up, holy shit this thing is a power house.
I’m doing some benchmarks before a factory reset and then setting everything up for every day use.
But just by looking at the animations of the benchmark tests, the Snapdragon 845 stomps the Exynos 9609.
And for some reason the easy switching between the current and the last app never quite worked on the One Vision, it would always hang. Switching from the task manager worked fine, so no idea what’s up with that on the One Vision.

Out of the box there’s ~27% of the storage (64GB) used. No big deal cause a) there’s still enough left, b) I have a 128GB (119GB usable) microSD and c) there’s some stuff pre-installed which I can delete (like Razer’s own apps and Netflix).

The RP2 comes with a much more powerful charger compared to the Samsung Tab A (need to check the one Motorola included). It also comes with a USB Type C to C and while it’s a bit on the shorter side, I don’t need to buy a longer one right away.
Charging it from the back of my motherboard is super fast.

One thing that the One Vision has over the RP2 is the One Button Nav, and I mean true one button nav.
If you enable it you get one bar at the bottom of the screen instead of your 3 symbols.
Swipe left for “back”,
Swipe up for task manager.
Swipe right to switch between the current and the last app (at least that’s how it should work).
Tab the bar for “home”.
The RP2 does this too but without the “swipe left for back” - it still has the triangle/arrow symbol you have to tab.
Not a huge deal but some wasted potential. I hope they can implement this in a future update.

Display…yeah, I still don’t think 21:9 (One Vision) with a huge hole punch camera in the top left corner is a good combination. For regular video content is sucks (big bars on the left/right) and for 21:9 content it sucks too cause of the hole punch. On top of that there are visible shadows between the hole punch and the edge of the screen as well as on the top and bottom edge of the screen.
The “old school” 16:9 display of the RP2 feels more natural to me.

You might expect me to praise the buttery smooth refresh rate of the RP2 (can be set to 60Hz, 90Hz (default) and 120Hz), but to be honest, I haven’t paid much attention to it yet.
What I can say, in direct comparison and the brightness set to ~50% on each device, the RP2 is brighter and One Vision has a blueish tint to it. The RP2’s color preset is “Vivid”, btw. I need to use all three presets (Natural, Boosted, Vivid) to see which ones looks best to me (totally subjective).

despite the amazon strike, my gpu still shipped today which is nice lol
in other news
HI

2 Likes

didnt even know that was going on

doesnt help that i refuse to use amazon lol

3 Likes

funny how that happens right around Prime day XD

1 Like

All hail to dread pirate Bezos!

It may sound pretty dystopian but where do you get your stuff from?