The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Okay, with a price like that I have to ask: are they actually useful in some way or just nostalgia keepsakes?

Almost entirely nostalgia, though Iā€™m using a few of these in some retro PCs at the moment. Thereā€™s also some reasonably extensive community support for a few cards, like the VooDoo5 5500, which allows them to work with later OSs for fun.

3 Likes

I had a great idea for a AI experiment.

you place a AI in the middle of a circle and let it pick 2 points that i can measure from. Then you do something like play a sound and the AI measures how the differences in the time that it took it for that sound to reach both spots that it picked.

Would the ai be able to learn how to locate the sound?

2 Likes

Interesting experiment, so the AI only has two reference points as to measure and locate the sound? Iā€™d think an AI should be able to figure this out given enough time with trial and error. The only thing that bothers me is the score system and how the AI would learn if its wrong or not.

hi all

lol

in other news
i want to streamā€¦ but its hot out so i need to run the ACā€¦ and by doing that ā€¦ i canā€™t run my full strim setup because it will trip the breaker GG

hows everyone else doing :smiley: ?

3 Likes

Pretty good, mostly just playing some Minecraftā€¦ lots of Minecraft.

2 Likes

waiting for my ssd and cooler bracket to arriveā€¦ shouldā€™ve been here by nowā€¦ and it says itā€™s out for delivery so idk whats taking so long

2 Likes

Gotta invent AI first.

ā€œDonā€™t ever talk to me or my Son againā€

4 Likes

aaannd thereā€™s no win8.1 drivers for my gpuā€¦

Seems I have to go to 10 nowā€¦

1 Like

3 Likes

Win7 drivers work on 8.1 (from my experience) you just run the updates through the device manager.

4 Likes

well if anyone wants to go to Quakecon looks like Iā€™ll be getting an AirBNB after all lolā€¦ 3 or 4 bedroom houses are the ones Iā€™m looking at currently soooo would just have to get there basically :smiley:

3 Likes

Quakecon 2020 is probably when I can actually go to one.

FUTURE IS SOONISH. Two years but still soon.

2 Likes

i just go to quakecon (and not a different one instead) because its still the closest and cheapest one for me to attend by a lot
that is until i make one of my own or whatever, but still (long term maybe thing, but i also know how much work it takes to make an event so we will see if that ever becomes a thing lol)

2 Likes

Seems like that did the trick.

Installing carball now.

yes itā€™s the first game Iā€™m installing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

as long as it isnā€™t the only game you install you are normal lol

1 Like

Nah I gotta get Warframe and Hearthstone on there too

3 Likes

cant sleep, must post keyboards
lol

1 Like