The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Intel: sells one of their most powerful heat producing enterprise class CPUs for $3000… still uses TIM on the IHS, overclocked this thing can pull near 700W alone and thats on water for fucks sake :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

lmao it gets better

1 Like

This is what happens when blue becomes red XD

As I understand, the mounting method for the CPU is also quite stupid. The CPU doesn’t get hold down by anything other than the CPU cooler. And I don’t remember who said it but it puts the pins at a higher risk of being bent.

ye but this is because the socket was designed for server CPUs which usually shipped with their own coolers from OEMs. Linus had a lot of trouble sourcing the coolers for the 100k editor workstation because at the time there were almost none available and even the asetek cooler designed for it now is hacked together for the socket and like the boards can only get from OEMs too.

1 Like

Film news:
Batman Beyond Animated film… catch different voice actor rumor is Asian American.

Will Freddie was a great voice actor for Terry McGinnis. He defined that role. I always felt Batman Beyond was cut short and don’t get me started on how DC has treated the character in the comics. I’d like for WIll Freddie to have some role in this film out of respect for what he did for the character.

Otherwise, wait and see.

That sucks. Especially when other factors like nostalgia are added. It’s like making a Batman Animated movie without Mark Hamil and Kevin Conroy.

1 Like

wait… wut… x79 and nvme?

chinese boards… are strange

1 Like

new update dropped for WoWs… jesus, the aircraft carriers, lmao

also looks great in 4k

1 Like

Writing Update:
The Red Leather Book Chapter 3 is done. A solid foundation has been laid to write. I know where the story is going. All writing focus will be on Project Space is done. I don’t have a timeline for when the draft of Project Space is done. I know where I think it will go but it is dependent on how the main character responds to situations.
End update

3 Likes

goddamnit windows
-fully resets pc
-including nuking the ssd
-person i shipped it to connects it to internet
-aaand the “smart” bios reencrypts it and reconnects it to my account because logic???

fffffuuuuu windows.
is fixed now but still annoying.

1 Like

That is a real terrible problem to fix.

2 Likes

“Smart” things are rarely really smart and only tend to cause problems.

1 Like

i guess i shouldnt be surprised, it was a surface book after all… but still :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

MS account…nuff said.
Set it up once and then only did offline accounts when ever I did a fresh install of Windows.
As much as MS wants to make the MS ecosystem a pleasant experience, it fucks up more than it is worth dealing with it.
The MS store is a joke and I’ll never accept it as a valid source for games or any other piece of software. 3rd party software is much more convenient to deal with and more feature rich, be it email or any kind of media software.

1 Like

mfw I reach diamond 2 while 7 beers in

3 Likes

but if you can do that while that drunk… what does it say about everyone else lol?

1 Like

I like to call it the “BootsGuy Peak”. It’s similar to the Ballmer peak, but instead of programming it applies to Rocket League.

2 Likes

They’re underage and can’t drink?
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i meant skill level wise but also yes