The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Ive got the same issue. Ill mostly just do one thing but doing one thing is also feels irratating for some unknown reason

2 Likes

Thereā€™s just not enough time todo everything you want and give enough attention that it equally deserves. least thats what it feels like for me.

1 Like

While it sucks, itā€™s kinda good to see Iā€™m not the only one with that problem.
I feel like thereā€™s way too much distractions going on around. One of the reasons why I think consoles can be good as they donā€™t allow for doing multiple things at the same time. You play a game? You just do that and only that. Watching Netflix? Dito. While on a PC you can play a game on one screen while having a show running on a second screen and even a browser with several tabs open on a third screen. Same with a phone but only one screen.
Itā€™s gotten to the point where I feel weird in a negative way when I try just reading a book or just watching a movie. Canā€™t do that for more than a few minutes without ā€œtaking a breakā€.

Also, hi.

And I finally settled on a phone. Cancelled the replacement order for the Xiaomi Mi A1 (I doubt very much Amazon will get it back in stock as they even removed their listing) and Iā€™m sending back the case for it.
Ordered a Motorola One Vision instead. Itā€™s double the price and will probably take me a while to get used to cause itā€™s 21:9 and has a camera hole instead of a notch. But overall I think Iā€™m happy with the decision.

• Exynos 9609 Octa-core 1.6-2-2GHz
  • 4GB RAM / 128GB ROM + microSD slot (up to 512GB)
  • IP52 certified (should be save in the rain unless it pours)
  • Android Fucking One (and Motorola even says itā€™ll get Android Q + R)
  • Gorilla Glass 3 (confirmed by customer support cause they only list it as ā€œCorning Gorilla Glassā€ without a number)
  • headphone jack AND USB Type C (2.0)
  • 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, support for all my carrierā€™s bands
  • still getting nice features. I love the ā€œshake to turn on flashlightā€ and ā€œflick wrist to open the cameraā€ gestures from my Moto G 3rd Gen and the One Vision has it too.
  • 3500mAh which is supposed to only last one day but it should be fine for my needs and it has quick charge

1 Like

Can I get a kappa in the chat.

Why the hell do you guys use this tiny ass editor too good god.

1 Like

Thatsā€¦ Actually super cool. Now I need to buy forza.

1 Like

:kappa:

1 Like

ive gotten to the point of frustration where i might literally go buy an xbox one X just to play stupid forza, lol. its broken on my rig 5 times so far. ā€¦ yeah.

1 Like

as a side note, been messing around with crypto coins again because i got bored. also free electricity hereā€¦ so have thrown a few dollars worth of coins around and seeing what the markets are likeā€¦ because coin markets are literally unregulated stock markets at this point (besides having to pay income tax now because merica is weird) soā€¦ it gets interesting.
so far have made minimal money.

in other news, was guidon for the first time today (the person in front of the whole group of people marching) and i wasnā€™t too bad.

also HI.

2 Likes

Hello

2 Likes

I was disappointed Barnes and Noble didnā€™t have a Moleskin Grid Pocket Journalā€¦
Amazon for the Win.
Tragically there are no compact pocket pens at .38ā€¦ So I order a Zebra Compact F-301 at .70. I also ordered Post-it tabs:

Why am I getting all of this stuff?:
The moleskin is going to be my offline version of the wiki for the my story Iā€™m working on. Iā€™ll use it at lunch break then transfer the info when I get home. Now it wonā€™t have the stuff I already have in the wiki but rather allow me to work on stuff that isnā€™t in there yet. For example the history of the world. I havenā€™t even started on that yet and I know it will be a lot of info. The tabs will be broken down like my TOC in my Wiki and Iā€™ll space them out on what I need.

Why Grid? - I like the grid layout. I feel like it gives me structure and I can easily make branches and write out coding it for the wiki.

Do you know how long it takes me to eat a lunch? 1 minuteā€¦ so Iā€™m waiting 29 minutes to clock back in. I want to be productive with that time and I think this will solve the issue nicely.

Samā€™s Wasteland Within Rewrite Update

This story legit haunts me. Working through the writing class and working on this other story has given me a very rough idea on how to approach the rewrite for Samā€™s Wasteland Within.

Main Problems Samā€™s Wasteland Within had -
Pacing.
Suddenly out of nowhere moments.
Dialogue.
Lack of realism.
Just to name a few.

This weekend. Iā€™m going to sit down and start work on the outline for the new rewrite. This rewrite wonā€™t happen for a few years but as least when I finish this other story I can get back to completing Samā€™s Wasteland Within rewrite and republishing.

4 Likes

Something is really wrong with the film industry as whole because the only film Iā€™m planning to see that comes out in Summer is Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shawā€¦
Think about thatā€¦ Iā€™m seeing a film with the words Fast & Furious Presents as a part of the title. I know this film is ridiculous and everyone involved knows its ridiculous but it looks like they are having a good time.
June and July Iā€™ll jut use to rewatch old favorites.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ll stick to dirt rally thenā€¦

DR2 is coming sooooooon

I really seem to have bad luck with tech stuff. Gog my tablet ~1 year ago and for the past few weeks itā€™s been lagging a lot. Restarting doesnā€™t improve things and a dreaded factory reset didnā€™t help either. Fortunately Amazon gives 24 months of warranty but they wonā€™t be too happy with my increasing number of returns.
They donā€™t sell the tablet directly anymore, so Iā€™ll probably have to get a different one (after hopefully getting approved for a refund).
But the tablet market still sucks (if it ever was good). Thereā€™s either cheap junk or expensive high-end stuff.

edit: do microSDs slow down when theyā€™re almost full like HDDs do?

shouldnā€™t do there solid state. HDDs only do because the read/write head has to travel further.

Hmā€¦then it seems to be the tablet itself.
Fucking hellā€¦only had it for a little over a year. No idea why it started lagging that much all of a sudden.
Apps take much longer to start and switching between them (I only have 1-3 open at the same time cause it only has 2gb ram and a quadcore CPU).
Already uninstalled apps, disabled some pre-installed stuff Iā€™m not using (contacts etc) and did a factory reset.
Since I left the microSD as it is I thought maybe thatā€™s what causes the problems.
Unless the microSD is on itā€™s way out but that shouldnā€™t affect apps (as there are none installed to it, onboard only).

It could be possible that the NAND flash on the tablet is dying then. My first gen Nexus 7 had a similar issue with being super slow over time and it was caused by the aging NAND flash which was a known problem in those models.

1 Like

Well, Amazon wants me to send it in for a repair. Up to 12 work days. And no idea whoā€™s gonna repair it. No replacement cause only Marketplace sellers offer it. And refund only works if it comes back multiple times from repair and the defect still exists.
Alright. Heā€™s trying to see if he can make an exception this time so Iā€™ll get a refund instead of heaving to send it in for repair. I hope thatā€™s not just empty words. Now that Iā€™m facing possible time without it I realize how much Iā€™m using it. 12 work days is 16 days. And he never specified if thatā€™s just for the repair or including shipping to/from.

Update: no luck. got an email with a shipping label for sending it in for repair.
If it was a PC parts Iā€™d be able to use my laptop or vice versa. But reading manga on a phone sucks. 2.5" make a big difference for readability, even when the resolution stays the same.

Learned something new yesterday. Setting my APā€™s bandwith on 5GHz to 80Mhz instead of 20 and it boosted my tablet and phoneā€™s download speeds significantly (in case of the phone it doubled from ~60Mbps to ~120Mbps!). I didnā€™t know it would have such an impact. Too bad my old phone is a turd when it comes to that (duh, itā€™s from 2015).
Afaik upping the bandwidth reduces the number of channels and makes for more congestion. But I doubt that many people around me are using 5GHz (knowingly).

1 Like

yep first thing I do when setting up my AP is change the channel width to 80VHT. i can get peaks of around 450mbps which helps a lot when transferring files to and from my server using my laptop.

yep but not only that 5GHz has much less propagation than 2.4GHz so even if they were its unlikely that itā€™ll affect you anyway. I know my neighbour uses 5GHz but from here I canā€™t pick because it wonā€™t even propagate through the concrete walls.

2 Likes

The people who live in my apartment building have no idea about technology. The majority is old people and then some younger ones who go with what the ads tell them to buy and use (typical sheople who need the latest iPhone or midrange Samsung). Iā€™m probably the one in the building who uses the most bandwidth :smiley: